17. Chapter - The Meeting

VICTOR's POV

I knew something would go wrong the minute I stepped out of my hotel room. Nelson was being annoying whole afternoon, and after an agonizing talk with my father, who decided to call me right before I was supposed to leave for the meet-up, I got stuck in the elevator for fifteen minutes. The whole day so far was just screaming shit, and I had no idea why I was so surprised the evening was no exception.

After the scene I witnessed the day before, I was tense and my nerves were on edge. I was glad Allison was with me at that time. If it wasn't for her powerful grip on my arm, I would've caused a scene, and that was the last thing I needed at the moment. I didn't need Ollie to hate me even more, which was what would most definitely happen, as all I could think about at that time was to fucking beat up the fucker who was kissing him.

Shaking my head to rid my mind of the useless thoughts, I turned left, recognizing the street as the one where the Coffee shop was. It didn't take me long to get close enough to make out two silhouettes standing in front of it, making my already bad day worse. If it was his fucking boyfriend, I wouldn't be able to suppress my anger anymore. There was no Allison this time, and bringing his lover to the meeting where he was supposed to meet his ex was just asking for trouble. I really hoped Oliver wasn't this stupid. He's always been the clever one, so doing something like this wouldn't make sense.

Taking few deep breaths to calm down, I continued my way towards them, my face growing cold when I recognized the second figure. Memories of five years ago came flooding in my mind, making me feel as cold as never before. Seeing his boyfriend seemed like the better option all of a sudden.

"What the hell is he doing here, Oliver?" I asked, my tone being harsher than I intended it to be.

I was not a fan of his brother. We were civil with each other when I was still with Oli, but our relationship never went further than a casual greetings and forced smiles. That's why he was in heaven when he got to move all of Ollie's things from my apartment all those years ago. The fucker was enjoying every second of it, and my pissed off expression was making it even better for him.

"What? You expected me to just follow your every command like a lost little puppy? You never said I had to come alone. And I would be damned before meeting with you without a backup. We are not friends, Victor. You threatened me and forced me to meet with you. You should've expected I won't make it easy for you. I'm not the same person I was five years ago. If it would be up to me, we would never see each other again," he finished, his eyes glinting with undisguised hatred.

It hurt to see him look at me like this, as if I was an annoying cockroach running in his kitchen. But I deserved it; I knew that, so I had to endure it for now.

"Whatever, let's go. The bar is close by," I grumbled, not even looking at his brother, starting my way towards our destination.

It took us around ten minutes to get there, and by that time, the big bro was fuming with anger. I could feel the waves of his hatred towards me going off of him in regular intervals.

"We're here. There is a sitting area at the back, so go over there. I'll order us some soft drinks. I don't think it's a good idea to drink right now. For any of us," I said, surprising myself. I would give anything for a glass of good scotch, a bottle of beer would do if nothing else, but drinking in this situation would be a disaster. There would be enough time to drink after this tragic meeting ended.

"What gives you the right to-," Kyle started, but Oliver took him by his arm and led him to the back of the bar without a word.

Coming over to the bar counter, I order three glasses of coke and paid right away in case our discussion would take a turn for the worse. A sudden feeling of absolute doom overcame me, and I knew there was no way I could have a serious and honest discussion with Oliver. Not when his brother was sitting right next to us.