Author's Note

And so, one journey with a book ends. It's weird to actually realize the book is finished and done with. I will still get to meet Victor in the sequel, but Ollie's POV in chapter 48 was the last one for me, and that might be the reason why I had tears in my eyes while writing it. I was saying goodbye to him and it was sad a beautiful at the same time.

Now, to let you know why I decided to end it this way: with Oliver ending with Josh and Victor having a new story.

At first, I had no idea how the book was going to end, I was working with several possibilities, and while writing, I narrowed it to two. It was either going to end the way it did, with Ollie and Josh together, or I was considering getting Oliver back together with Victor with Joshua being heartbroken. One thing was clear, though. Josh was never going to be the bad guy in the story. I actually hate when the 'current' boyfriend in a book about cheaters turns out to be an asshole or suddenly die so the couple can get back together without any regrets/problems.

In the end, I decided to go for Ollie x Josh forever because of three reasons. One, I haven't read many books on wattpad that would end this way and wanted to try something new. Two, I got an idea for the second book and for that I needed Victor to be single. And three, Vic has too many issues. He needs a fresh start, he needs to heal and find a new path in his life. Getting back together with Ollie wouldn't provide that. So, the decision after realizing this was quite easy.

I tried my best not to build any real tension between Oliver and Victor, but I'm not sure whether I was successful or not. That is for you to decide.

I know some of you will think this book had no point, but it did. The book was about Oliver dealing with his past and overcoming his hatred. It was about two men who had a terrible relationship and decided to make it work because they had one thing in common. A son who needs them both. I know it might not be enough for some, but in my mind, it's more than enough. Overcoming a grudge is a huge problem for some people, and changing for some else is hard too. And that is what happened to Oliver and Victor. It's a story about them changing and finding a new path in their lives. A story about them dealing with the past they left unfinished. 

Now, I would like to thank everyone who stuck to this book until the very end and didn't give up halfway for whatever reason. I really appreciate all the support you gave me, be it comments, votes or simply just reading the chapter. It's really heartwarming to see others liking my writing. I know I probably disappointed a lot of you with the ending, but I felt this was the only right way how to finish the story. And I always listen to my heart when writing, so I hope you'll forgive me and give me another chance with the sequel!

Now, for the more cheerful part of this A/N.

There were several covers of the new book to choose from here, but the cover has already been chosen, so I deleted that part from this chapter - also, one of the pictures apparently wasn't okay for me to use based on wattpad rules, which is interesting as I used pictures from sites with free content (these were all from www.unsplash.com - the problematic picture is still there for the people to use freely too - I just checked) so all of them should be okay to use. But there's nothing I can do about this, I guess, so another reason for me taking them down is to make sure wattpad does not have a problem with the whole story.   

And the last thing before really finishing this book with a big fat FINISHED, there are two songs that inspired the plot of the second book! If it gives you some ideas, please share them! I'm really interested in what you come up with! ^.^ 

Once again, thank you so much for sticking with this book until the end! 

Alice

🎉 You've finished reading Coffee, Brownies and the Ruthless CEO (MxM)| FILLING THE VOID series, BOOK 1 🎉