24. Chapter - Screwed

OLIVER's POV

I was literally screwed; there was no better way to put it. The worst thing was, I couldn't come up with any idea how to get out of this messed up situation. And it all started when I met the devil herself the day before. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have to deal with this nightmare. Not so soon, anyway.

"Honey, hurry it up or we won't make it in time. You don't want to make Mrs. Taylor angry, do you?" I called at Matty, hurrying him up to get going. I needed to get him to the kindergarten as soon as possible, so I could call Kyle, and then deal with this mess.

I hated mornings like this, all rushed and confusing. My headache that woke me up and refused to go away even after taking a pill wasn't helping either.

"No!" Matt yelled, running out of the kitchen with his small backpack in hands.

"I took my toys," he smiled up at me, his eyes sparkling with excitement. Kyle was picking him up today, or at least I hoped so – I needed to ask him first – and Matt would spend the afternoon with him at his flat. I was not sure when I would be done, and even if it would be early, I'd probably need a drink or two to get rid of the sour mood and murderous thoughts I would most likely have after everything was over.

"That's great, sweetie. I'm sure uncle Kyle will be happy to play with you! But now we really have to go. Put on a jacket, please. It's a bit chilly outside today." I smiled at him and took the backpack so he could get dressed. It might be late spring, but mornings could get really cold even now. It was only eleven degrees right now, and Matty got easily ill, so I had to be extra careful. I loved him unconditionally, but when he was sick, he was a huge pain in the ass. He got extremely grumpy and acted like a spoiled little child. And because I was such a great loving parent, I always did and gave him everything he asked for, which wasn't good for either of us. Yeah, I wasn't as great as I thought.

"Can I wear the black one? Emi said I look cool in it!" he pointed at his new plain black jacket and looked at me with hopeful eyes.

Frowning, I looked at him, confused. He's never mentioned anyone called Emi, so it took me by surprise.

"Oh? And who is this Emi you're talking about?" I took the jacket off the hook and gave it to him so we wouldn't waste any more time. We could talk while moving around.

Shooing him out the door, I locked it and started our way towards the car. We were definitely going to be late.

"It's a girl!" he announced, looking proud of himself, and I couldn't help but chuckle a little. He looked as if he just accomplished something big, and it was too cute to not smile. Children were amazing. The little miracle in front of me reminded me of the fact every day.

"Really? And when exactly did you start liking girls? If I remember correctly, a week ago all girls were weird and you refused to play with them." We got in the car, and after I put the backpack next to Matt's child seat, where he was obediently sitting, I noticed he was glowing with excitement.

"Emi is cool! She likes my jacket and her daddy is a policeman. We were playing with cars yesterday. She doesn't want to play dolls with me, so she is my friend!"

I looked at him through the back mirror, shaking my head, amused. That was so typical for him. For most of the boys, really.

"Well, I hope you won't change your mind later. If you one day decided she was too much of a girl for you, it could hurt her," I said, hoping he would understand what I was trying to tell him. He was a smart kid, but it was still morning and he was too excited to actually really pay attention to me.

"I won't! I told you her daddy is a policeman! They catch the bad guys, and I would be the bad guy if I hurt Emi, dad!" he exclaimed, shaking his head as if I just said the stupidest thing ever, making me laugh again. That sure was one way to put it.