Chapter 5: New found love

Time feels like eternity as Budo Masuta holds on to Ayano's small hands, awaiting her response to his confession.

The cherry blossom falls like snow, and the water fountain splashes behind the two of them, and the gentle aroma of sweet, fresh flowers surrounds them.

Ayano takes a deep breath.

"Yes..." she murmurs slowly.

"I didn't catch that, sorry." Budo says brightly, a spark of hope in his eyes.

"Yes, Budo. I accept your feelings." Ayano laughs. "And... The truth is, I have feelings for you too."
The tone in her voice becomes serious.
"But you must understand me, I'm quite... Strange." Ayano finishes.

Budo looks into Ayano's grey eyes with a slight feeling of confusion. He didn't entirely understand what Ayano meant, but he nodded anyway. Budo thought that Ayano seemed fine to him. No, even better than fine.

"Ayano, don't worry, I think I understand what you mean. You feel like you don't fit in, is that it? That I won't accept you for who you are?"

Ayano nods at Budo sullenly, who smiles at her. Suddenly, she is taken back as strong, muscular Budo leans gives Ayano a warm, gentle hug. She breathes in his scent of apple showergel, and happiness.

"Don't worry, I will always accept you Ayano, and support you with whatever you do." Budo promises. His chin rests on Ayano's slim shoulder with his eyes shut.

'Like I said, Ayano. I'm always happy to help...'
.
.
.
The lonesome figure returns once more, hiding behind a cherry blossom tree, his red eyes widening as he watches the two people embrace in a hug.

His head clouds in confusion. Had he got it all wrong? No, he couldn't have. He was sure about Ayano Aishi's true nature.

The figure with red hair quickly snuck away as soon he saw the couples go their separate ways.
.
.
.
As Ayano was stalking Senpai home, she kept thinking about Budo, his innocence, his kind words, his good intentions of protecting and supporting Ayano...

And his stupidity.

Ayano gives her classic, psychotic laugh, recalling Budo's hopeful face at the water fountain. Ayano never had feelings for Budo Masuta.

She'd only has feelings for Taro Yamada. Her real Senpai and only love.

He just didn't know it yet.

Ayano looked up at the Taro Senpai, walking a few metres ahead of her, concentrating on how he walks so gracefully, and how his dark hair shines.

But throughout the day, Ayano had noticed a few slight changes about him. He'd always be checking his phone, and would wait by Osana's locker anxiously. A few times, he had asked Osana's Sensai if they'd heard anything from her.

Ayano had raved with jealously when she saw Taro Senpai do this, but she had calmed down a little when she had realised that Osana was dead; she could never come back to Taro Senpai.

Ayano recalls this as well, and suddenly feels a little guilty, not for Osana, but for making Taro Senpai feel this way. It aches her heart seeing Senpai walk alone by himself, and, for a moment, Ayano considers going up to him, walking beside him, but holds herself back. She wouldn't be able to control herself, she'd blush and squirm.

'Budo Masuta is just a puppet I can use to gain Senpai's heart. I could never love Budo Masuta, and I never did.'

Ayano wasn't sure how to incorporate love-sick Budo into her evil plan of gaining Senpai for herself. But one thing is certain: Ayano has no feelings for Budo-kun, he is only a puppet.

Ayano repeats this over and over as if saying this will make it true, as she watches Senpai sigh and enter his house, alone.

As Ayano enters her own home, she thinks over her plan. It didn't seem that a girl, or anyone, was bothering Senpai, so Ayano didn't need to think of any new, brutal killing techniques.

That was a shame.

Suddenly, Ayano remembers the girl who she came face to face with yesterday after school, as she was disposing of Osana's body. The silly brat who had witnessed everything, the girl with purple drills.

Kokona Haruka.

Although she had been threatened with her and her father's life, Kokona is a Social Butterfly, who loves to gossip, and Ayano knew that she couldn't trust her for so long. She'd have to be disposed of soon.

Ayano could quickly kill Kokona herself, but where would be the fun in that? Besides, with no recent rivals to kill, school life had become boring. Perhaps, just maybe, Ayano could send her new toy out for testing. Budo Masuta could put his Martial Arts to some good use and kill Kokona instead.

'He even said himself, he'd do anything for me...'

An evil grin quickly forms on Ayano's lips. If she was going to do this, she'd have to make things more interesting.

Ayano steps up, off her bed, and quickly rushes to the computer in the corner of the room. She clicks on to the website she went on the night before:

enjokosaijapan.com - meet Japanese schoolgirls online, pay at the date.

From past experiences, and some information from the mysterious Info-chan, Ayano knows that Kokona Haruka is secretly trying to earn money for her father, who is in debt.

And Ayano overheard the gaggle of school girls gossip about Kokona's dirty secret, and the website they mentioned.

Ayano concentrates on the bright screen, typing in Kokona's name. Ayano had already made a fake profile, and she arranged to meet up with Kokona the next day.

Ayano sat back and leant on the chair, imagining the day when Taro Yamada would hold hands with her under the cherry blossom trees, his twinkling eyes snatching on hers. He would confess his love to her, and they'd share a tender kiss.

His dark, beautiful hair would flutter slightly in the breeze, and his smile would be a mile wide- just for her.
.
.
.
Someone else is having a similar dream, on the other side of town. Only, instead of Taro Yamada, it is Ayano Aishi... And Budo Masuta.

Budo imagines bringing Ayano to school, holding her hand, stating that he belonged to her, that they belonged to each other. He remembers the startled face she made when Budo confessed his feelings to her, and the sparkle in her eyes, the joy painted on her lips.

Best of all, Budo remembers giving Ayano a hug...

Budo smiles, going to sleep after a busy day, unaware of the deathly tasks he was expected to carry out for Ayano.

The love of his life...