Chapter 6: Just like his dreams

Budo-san is busy in the Dojo, teaching the Karate Class, feeling refreshed and motivated to teach because of the great dream he'd had yesterday.

Of course, Ayano was in his dreams, an angel, holding his hand and giving him that adorable smile he loved...

"Budo-san! Seriously, again?" Sho laughs at his friend, daydreaming into space. They are half way through a Martial Arts class, when yet again, Budo disappeared into the colorful world of Ayano Aishi.

"Oh! I- I'm sorry. Where were we?" Budo stammers, looking around as if he is trying to take in the scenario. Although Sho is grinning nervously, the rest of the club members stand in a row, some with slight annoyance and impatience painted on their faces and in their body language.

After the class dismissed, and the members huff and pack up and leave after a half- hearted lesson, Sho stays behind to confront his friend.

"So, you asked that girl out then, Budo-san?" Sho smirks, waiting for a light flush of pink to surround Budo's cheeks. It doesn't happen though. Budo just smiles sadly and looks down at his feet.

'I guess he must be nervous a little embarrassed... Maybe she didn't accept his feelings?' Sho realises to himself.

"I'm sorry... I didn't realise that... She might have not, y'know..." Sho hesitates.

Budo laughs in his deep voice, watching the confusion cloud his friend's face.

"What, that she didn't accept my feelings?" Budo grins "Yes, she did."

Relief floods back into Sho's reluctant face. But, there is something still bothering him.

"Budo, don't take this the wrong way or anything," Sho says carefully, and Budo tenses up, looking Sho in the eye.

'He'd better not say anything bad about my precious Ayano. No, Sho wouldn't. He's not like that.'

"Well, don't take offence, but... Don't think Ayano is, a bit, strange?"
.
.
.
After a while, Sho leaves after Budo explains his passionate feelings for Ayano. He tells him about his good intentions, his constant promise to support Ayano, the world of daydreams where Budo could turn to... The world of Ayano.

Sho smiled at his friend, happy for him, and leaves Budo to finish off in the in the Dojo.

What Budo didn't mention though was what happened at the end of his dream, the night before...

'Her beautiful eyes, once filled with colour and such excitement to Budo, were empty and hollow, her expression blank. The school atmosphere was dark; the students terrified, legs shaking in their school uniforms.

The worst thing was that at the end of this horror, everyone was chasing Ayano, out of the school, and Budo couldn't do anything about it. He didn't understand why they were giving Ayano so much hate. He was helpless; he couldn't do anything."

The strange, creepy dream awoke Budo in a cold sweat, making him sit up abruptly, panting. Budo had scanned his room, filled with big trophies and certificates filed behind glass cabinets, the Martial Arts awards he had won growing up. There was his karate sash hooked around his bed frame, and a row of Budo's previous belts, reds and purples and orange, and of course, the black belt, lined up by the windowsill, beside a few weights in the corner.

Budo had snuggled up and gone to sleep, reminiscing about the Ayano he knew: creative, kind, mysterious and beautiful, repeating this like a lullaby until he helplessly slipped into the world of dreams.

When he had awoken this morning, he had no memory of the chilling dream he'd experienced last night, but just happy, sweet thoughts about Ayano.
.
.
.
On top of the rooftop at lunch, Budo leant against the railing, looking down on the stunning view of the school. The Sakura trees weaved in and out from each other in a certain pattern, and Budo spots the water fountain in the plaza, which is now empty.

And there is cherry blossom. Sakura trees everywhere. The school is full of cherry blossom trees.

And the gigantic field stretched out before him, where upon a hill is a single cherry blossom tree, alone, beautiful, still.

Because it is lunchtime, most of the students are in the canteen. Usually, Budo doesn't have many plans for lunch, sometimes he sits in the Dojo with his friends, so he was happy Ayano called him here.

Budo spots the slim young girl hurrying towards him, her dark grey pony tail, bangs and fringe bouncing a little as she ran. Her face is serious and unamused as usual, but Budo always fails to notice this.

"Hey, Budo-san." Ayano calls out as she approaches Budo. She rests her hands on Budo's, which are leaning against the rail, and he turns to face her with a grin.

"Hey, Ayano-chan." He starts. He looks out over the view in front of them. "It's a nice day today."

Ayano doesn't respond much. She doesn't care about the weather.

"Mmm." Is all she responds with.

Budo turns to face her again, peering down at Ayano, who is biting her lip and looking straight ahead. He panics a little inside. Had he upset her? Maybe he is boring her?

"So... How come you wanted to meet me here?" Budo tries again brightly, trying to change the subject.

"Oh! Well, I wanted to talk." She snaps out of her phase and grins happily at Budo, back to her 'normal', bubbly self, the side that Budo loves.

'How am I supposed to explain this to him now?' Ayano thought, frustrated.

After they talk for a while, Ayano's eyes become serious and glassy, and a creepy smile tugs at her lips. Budo is instantly taken back, and although he is sure that he truly loves her, he puts his guards up, pre-prepared to defend himself.

"Budo-san..." She whispers, making Budo's skin shudder. For now, Budo decides, he will play along with it. Standing forward bravely, he answers Ayano like nothing is wrong.

Ayano picks up on the tone of suspicion in his voice, the slight fear mixed in with his body language.

'Well that didn't go very well... I've basically scared him' Ayano thinks, swallowing back a smirk.

Threatening Budo-san didn't work; she'd just have to ask him to do the job.

"Haha, I'm just teasing you, Budo-san." Ayano reaches forward, tapping his shoulder. Budo laughs and scratches his head. The awkwardness could be felt.

"Budo-san, you know how I you always say that you'll support and help me with anything?" Ayano says quickly, changing the subject.

Budo nods right away, re-folding his arms comfortably and smiling. "Of course, Ayano. I will always help you with anything. I promised, remember?"

He wanted to protect her and keep her happy... He would do anything she says...

"Yes, you promised." Ayano echoes "And I have a job for you. Do you know Kokona-chan?"

Hello again. Well, this ending isn't the best, I know, and the 'awkward part' isn't either. I just didn't know what to put as I'm not the best at writing.
The next chapter is when Ayano's plan starts to form, so I hope you enjoy!