2

Dedicated to Shae for making an awesome cover!

By the time I got home I did my best to act normal, excusing my coming home early with an upset stomach from too many nachos and they bought it. I was trying to act normal as smoothly as possible and return to school to go through my routine. If I acted normal then everything would eventually return way right? He wouldn't come after someone like me right? He had more important things to do with his time, and a girl like me didn't categorize there.

I fell to the ground in the middle of the hall when someone stuck their leg out and tripped me and I hit my chin on the tiled floor, biting my tongue. It took everything in me to not bring the sparks down from the lights with my twitching hand, but I had to keep self control to be normal. I was on edge, could you tell?

I ignored the laughing girls and picked up my phone from the ground, brushing off my knees and continuing to the gym. Once I got in the locker rooms I locked my stuff in my locker and slipped on my black shorts and grey tee, tightening my ponytail. I continued to look around the gym in paranoia and relaxed. He wasn't coming, I was okay. Calm down, Naomi.

"Roll!" A coach yelled as I got in my line. Names were called and I waited, looking around the gym at the other classes to ease my nerves. "Hayes!"

"Here." I replied, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"We're running the track, run curves wand walk straight, head out." I followed the crowd outside and started running the track with ease, training from my father had helped me grow an endurance for emergencies. The only emergency I saw for me now was running from my mate, and I secretly hoped he wasn't used to running like I was.

Lightning crackled in the sky and I sighed, knowing rain would come soon and we'd have to keep running the track. Did they even care that I had classes after this and couldn't sit soaking wet in my clothes? Probably not.

Out of nowhere a string of fire zipped across the field and everything in my wolf was now alarmed. People mimicked my position and looked around for a source of fire as the flames were spreading through the grass. Another zip of fire flew past my head and I ducked, locking eyes with the source. Him, my mate.

"Attack!" Someone yelled and people started running, changing forms into their wolves and coming towards him. He continued to walk without blinking an eye, waving his hand to create a wall of fire that burned a few of the wolves, blocking the rest. I stood still, baffled and frozen in my movements.

Go to mate, hot mate. Strong. My wolf pushed my leg forward and I refrained with all my power, knowing she was going to use all her power to move me. Two can play at this game.

No, dangerous. I replied but she ignored me.

Strong, protective. Go. I screamed as my other foot moved forward.

"Go! Don't attack! He's here for me, just go!" I screamed at the other wolves who resisted. "GO!" I watched as they ran past me and into the school again, which was now on lock-down. Of course they would never risk their lives for me, nobody cared about me where I was sacrificing my life for theirs.

I saw his smirk as I yelled in protest of my wolf controlling my legs. We weren't moving fast since I was holding back as strong as I could, but he was getting closer at the pace he was going. Wait.

My hands weren't being controlled.

I looked up to the sky, hearing the crackle of lightning through the clouds. I threw my hand towards the sky and grabbed the lightning with the invisible force, bringing it down to the ground and aiming in his direction but he moved in time and dodged the bolt. He stopped walking and looked at me with an incredulous look, obviously oblivious to my powers. My wolf continued to push my legs further and I drew another bolt down, having a difficult time when he started moving in different directions so I didn't have a direct target.