3

I finished drying off my hair and slipped on the large black sweater he gave me, feeling relieved when it covered my butt. When I stepped out of the bathroom and left everything in its place I was disappointed to see Fox was still in the room.

"I thought you'd be gone by now." I stated, crossing my arms self-consciously and stopping a good ways away from the fire Alpha that was scaring the shit out of me right now.

"I thought you were wearing makeup, but we're both wrong." I furrowed my eyebrows at his comment, watching as he walked towards the door. He stopped and turned with raised eyebrows. "You coming?" I didn't answer and instead jogged a little to catch up, following him down a hallway and into another room. This one was humongous, significantly larger than the last.

Big windows with maroon curtains hung, the furniture dark washed with a rustic look and the bed had black silk sheets. The room was bright despite the dark colors, contrasting them in their place.

"This is my room." Fox explained and I nodded, the dark colors suiting his personality. If everything was blood red then I wouldn't be surprised either.

"Neat. Where can I stay for now?"

"For now?" He turned to me with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, when I get released." He chuckled at that and leaned towards my ear.

"You're not leaving." He whispered, giving me chills that I tried to hide.

"But you're the alpha of the Bloodrose Dusk pack. You don't care for a mate let alone companion, so why do I need to stay?" His amber eyes analyzed me before he spoke.

"Who said I didn't care for a mate?" Fox turned away and went into another doorway, disappearing through it.

"Wait, you want me as your mate?" I asked with confusion laced through my words. I thought he just wanted to torture me and then put me out of my misery. Isn't that the game he mentioned? Isn't that what he does to people that cross him?

"A strong pack needs a Luna, is that not correct?" His voice answered from the doorway. I looked back at the open door behind me and back at the door he disappeared through. Right as I ran towards it he somehow got to it before me and shook his finger.

"Ah ah ah... Trying to leave so soon?" I glared at him before looking down at what he was holding.

"What's that?"

"Pants." He threw them at me and I caught them.

"Why?"

"Because your butt is hanging out and it's distracting." A blush crept up my neck.

"Is being Luna all you find me useful for?" He shrugged and leaned on a desk, crossing his lean arms.

"What other uses you got in there?"

"So you're objectifying me now."

"No, you just seem oblivious to the fact that I'm also a werewolf, not a blood craving god." When I didn't reply he sighed. "Can you just-" he clenched his fists and his jaw, grinding his teeth as he looked away from me. "please put the pants on." My cheeks flushed again and I quickly put them on.

"Sorry." He looked back at me and I stared at the ground, avoiding his stare.

"Can you just stop skipping the question and actually give me a clear answer?"

"I'm not as heartless as they say, Naomi. I do actually want a mate, not a Luna for my pack." I instantly felt guilty for running and accusing him of plotting to murder me. But weren't the rumors true? Wasn't he supposed to be a soulless fire alpha? I didn't say anything and instead crossed my arms.