11

My hair was being brushed by a hand, the gentle touch stirring me slightly awake. My eyes remained closed as the calming touch moved to my face, a gentle stroke of my smooth skin. I never felt so calm or comfortable waking up.

I was lying on my stomach with my right leg lifted up on a warm mound, the sheets balled up somewhere below me. I could feel the person's stare burning through me and yet I didn't feel creeped out or afraid. I was relaxed and knew that I was in no harm. The touch continued and I slowly opened my eyes, taking in the sight.

Fox was under my leg and seemed to enjoy the position, bare tanned chest and ruffled dark hair. His amber eyes glinted in the sun bouncing through the windows, making them seem more transparent and glassy. His expression was blank as his stare didn't falter, making him seem different than before. He usually had a stoic or authoritative look, but here he flaunted no mask. His skin was warm and I envied it, wishing mine to no longer be cold. In his touch I was warm, and I enjoyed the short moment that I knew would be hard to get again, at least because things weren't as simple as I would wish it to be.

"How did I get in here?" I spoke, fully aware that my voice was groggy. He turned his head to face the ceiling and shrugged, staying under my leg that I didn't feel like moving yet.

"I'm not sure, I just woke up with you on top of me." His voice was even more groggy than mine and my heart fluttered at the pleasing chorus.

"Ha ha, I'm not on top of you." He raised his eyebrows at that and looked down at my leg on his torso, then back at me. I rolled my eyes and moved my leg so that it was no longer on him which seemed to deflate his airy mood.

"Your friend is still here, I can smell him in your room still." I swung my legs over the bed and got ready to stand up.

"Yeah, glad he is. I wouldn't want him to wake up and find me in here." He growled lowly and pulled me back into him, my back crashing into his bare chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Makes sense, we're mates. Who says you and I can't mate or sleep together?"

"With him in the other room? I say so." I wiggled free from his loose arms and stood up, blushing when I had to fix my shorts that rode up my butt. I gave Fox one last glare before going into my own room and waking up Ronan from the floor. He groaned and squinted, cursing me for waking him up.

"Come on, I can make breakfast?"

"Yeah, thanks for the offer but I don't want my food burnt. And I have to go home anyways, my sister's visiting from college for lunch." I pouted and sagged my shoulders.

"Do you really have to go? I don't want to be alone with Fox again."

"Who- oh, you mean the alpha. Not used to hearing him referred to by his name. It was always 'future alpha' and 'alpha' so I got thrown off."

"So even if you could you wouldn't stay for breakfast?"

"Not a chance, Alpha Phoenix scares me. Sleeping in the next room to him was a big step for me." I sighed as he stood and put his shoes on, collecting his things. "Thanks for letting me stay over, I'll have you over next time."

"Sounds like a plan to me." I lead him down the stairs and to the front door. "See you at school then."

"Catch you later." I closed the door when he was outside and slouched. I was really going to spend the whole day here, with Fox? Speak of the devil, he walked down the stairs, still baring no shirt looking smug as ever.

"Sounds like you're stuck here all day." He remarked as he sauntered into the kitchen. I followed in anticipation for food.

"Actually I think I'm going to go into town. Check out a few stores and whatnot."