27

"Naomi, keep your eyes open."

His words echoed through my head on a never ending cycle. The only problem there was exactly was that they wouldn't open again no matter how hard I fought. I had been too drained, too dead to hold on to anything.

"In a dead state of mind, I see." I gulped breath at the voice, but I wasn't anywhere I could recognize. Everywhere I looked was pitch black, but when I turned in one direction a man was standing with a small smile and his hands folded behind his back. "Isn't that right, Naomi?" I panicked and started running away, but when I turned around to look at the man he wasn't there. And when I took a step in that direction in confusion a small white light appeared, so I reached out for it.

My eyes opened to a bright room coated in a pearly white and consumed with bleached air. I pushed myself up on the hospital bed and looked down at the IV in my arm and crossing my eyes to see the oxygen mask over my face before turning to my right to see Fox going through his phone until he noticed I was awake.

"Naomi," My eyes followed as he moved his arm and pressed a button that made a ringing in the distance somewhere outside the room. "are you feeling okay?" He reached out and pressed his cold hand against my forehead, causing me to flinch back. His raven eyebrows furrowed and he brought his hand back. "You still have a fever." Fox mumbled just as a doctor walked in the room. I watched her walk over and check my vitals and other things before she talked to Fox outside of the room.

When the door opened again I was surprised to see Cleo scurry in and looking back, almost as if she were afraid she was caught.

"Cleo?" I asked and sat back up, itching at my IV.

"Don't hurt yourself," She said as she put her hand on my arm to stop me from pulling out the IV. "Neither Fox or Striker can know we had this conversation or that you've heard of any of this information, okay?"

"What? Cleo, is something going on?"

"Okay?" Her eyebrows were raised and even the faint part of my wolf could even pick up her how fast her heart was beating.

"Okay." She looked back over at the door before she closed her eyes and mumbled a short chant, and all of the beeping machines stopped on their final note like a dragged out chorus. "Cleo, what's happening?"

"I've just meddled with how fast time was going so I could get this to you."

"You can't just stop time, that's against nature, something bad could happen."

"Would you rather succumb to Fox and allow him to leave you in the dark again? Because that's what he's planning on doing after you've just been kidnapped by the enemy." I looked down at the IV in my arm and shrugged, allowing her to continue.

"While you were gone the fae attacked at the southeast border and from the tunnels you found in the woods. I managed to hear Striker managing while Fox was looking for you."

"What happened?"

"The force-field we put up together is down again, you can thank the fae prince for that, and that's what made it possible for the attack. I managed to put up a new one however, that'll be down by the end of the weak if not earlier."

"How many did we lose?"

"Around two hundred total. Something made the fae retreat."

"That's odd." I rubbed my arms and ran my eyes all over the hospital sheets. "Usually when an army is attacking the other's home front they're in to take it all, not pinch and run away."

"That's the thing." I looked at Cleo with furrowed eyebrows. "I think they just want to play with their prey before they take it all from us."

"We can't let that happen."

"The fae have abilities beyond werewolves."

"So how are we supposed to fight back?" Cleo looked down and ran her tongue over her lips, almost like she didn't want to say the words.

"The titled heads of the pack have abilities to match theirs." I nodded.

"So we use them?"

"No, that won't be enough. There's only so many of the head families."

"What then?"

"Your powers originate in the sky." My eyes dropped from hers again, realization hitting me. She wasn't afraid to ask me to fight in the final battles.

"You want me to kill from behind where they don't expect it. You want me to wipe all I can manage out."

"Naomi-"

"You want me to die." We were both silent, the thought hanging over our heads.

"Nevermind," I watched her stand up and brush the dust off her pants, already heading for the door. "it was childish of me to ask my Luna to abandon her pack like that." Just as she was about to close the door I yelled for her to stop and looked her in the eyes.

"I'll do it."

*

I was running from a shadow in a field of flowers. No, they weren't just flowers. They were blood red roses, their crimson liquid wiping against my skin as I ran past each one in a hurry.

I couldn't help myself from looking back, the clouds urging me on with continuous beeps that didn't belong in the sky.

And as the shadow cast faster I finally stopped running and stood my ground, looking up to see nothing but everyday clouds. But soon after I was consumed by the large shadow and falling forwards through the earth.

***

sorry updates take forever, i just don't want to rush the story line and the ending cause i don't want it to suck :)

also it's short, so I apologize for that too

hopefully the next update won't take me as long

also unedited just like Runaway Baby!!