25

When I woke up I kept my eyes shut- not wanting to deal with the reality that I wasn't in the Bloodrose Dusk pack. I knew exactly where I was, and the fact didn't want to register in my mind. But I had to eventually face my obstacle to get back home, and to do that I had to wake up.

I sat up from the bed and looked down at my new outfit- cringing at the fact that someone had seen me nearly naked to change me. They put me in a floral skirt and a nice white blouse, shoes waiting for me at the edge of the bed.

This room didn't suit Maven's taste, but then a gain we were in the fae kingdom. Who knew if he had a choice? Or maybe this was a separate room. It was hard to tell.

After putting on the boots they provided I stood and went straight to the door, nobody outside guarding.

I stepped out of the room and moved my hand to pull electricity from the lights and barbecue this hell-hole, but nothing happened. They had my power muted.

I walked around the place and noticed how much it resembled a castle in the movies, and I realized that I was in fact in a palace. The well known fae castle that housed the fae royalty. Maven got me in some deep shit. I was in the belly of the beast.

"Fancy seeing you up and about." I stopped still at his voice and turned around to stare at Maven. "Nice outfit. Got to dress to impress in front of the king and queen and their children."

"What the hell do they want to see me for? I thought all that mattered was that you got me and everyone but the werewolves won."

"They have to make sure you understand a few things first. They're expecting you now."

"Well sorry, should've made an appointment with me first. I have a very tight schedule and right now I'm busy-" He reached out faster than I anticipated and gripped my chin tight, not allowing me to continue with my sarcasm.

"You obey and do as they ask of you because if you don't our lives will pay the price."

"Good, anything to separate me from you."

"I think you're forgetting that Fox will suffer from your death as well as all that cross his path." He smirked when I was silenced. "Do as they say." He pushed me roughly and a fae grabbed my arm, pulling me in a direction as I glared at Maven until I couldn't see him anymore. When we reached double doors he shoved me inside and the guards closed them behind me. I recovered from nearly falling and turned around to face the room, looking at the fae in high chairs. An older man sat in the highest, a female lower followed by a boy and girl that looked around my age. Of course I couldn't help but notice they were all beautiful. It isn't much of a surprise. Royals in every species were.

"Kneel." The king boomed, but I held my stance and scoffed.

"You expect me to praise you all? After everything you've taken from me and my pack?" I sensed the anger rising from the king and annoyance from the queen. "Never."

"You disrespectful little mutt, all of you are." The queen spit in my direction but I didn't flinch or move. I would not back down, not anymore.

"You're a stubborn little pup, aren't you?" The king shifted in his chair and rubbed his stubble. "You need someone that can contain you and put you in your place."

"I'm the Luna of the most powerful pack in the world. I wasn't born to be put in place, I was born to rule. A couple fairies doesn't change a thing."

"It will." The air was pulled out of me and I started choking, clawing at my throat. I felt sympathy coming from the prince and princess, but they didn't do anything to protest the king. "You, Naomi, are nothing but a weak pup right now. You hold no power or strength in my kingdom. Therefore, you are no threat. You are merely a mouse against an elephant-" He released his hold and I could breath. I felt a twinge of electricity and perked at the glitch in their muting system.