16

Why was I staring at this screen? What people were writing on my page cut deep, and yet my fingers strained to open them. It was like I was addicted to hurting myself even more.

My fingers trembled as they hovered over the button, but I made no move to click delete on my page. Instead, I clicked the plus button and chose a photo that I've been debating in my head whether to post or not for the past half hour. I eventually hit the button and watched it load before popping up on the feed.

Already people were commenting, obviously only getting attention because of the recent things going around about me. It didn't really help that I posted a picture I took of Fox when he wasn't paying attention. Something inside of me wanted to prove all these people wrong and attempt to show them the real him, like this picture of him mid-laugh and turning around to look at me with the light hitting half of his body. But it didn't seem like people seemed to get what I was trying to say.

Great, so she's still alive

^worse, she brought out her own monster since they seem to get along, wouldn't be surprised if she looked all bruised and scarred on the other side of the camera.

How can looks be so deceiving? Poor girl!

^Nah, she deserves what she gets

I hope he did beat her into a monster, she needs to know what karma feels like

Picture's cool, too bad it's the Alpha of the Bloodrose Dusk pack and the person who took it is a whore that cries rape for attention

Can't wait to see her fail at the Bloodrose Dusk's pack Luna Trials. Ready for this bitch to go viral lol

I'm gonna personally go watch the shit in person. We're due for a reunion, let's see if she'll be even better in bed this time. Although for this time, for my ear's sake, I hope she's unconscious

I gagged, looking at that commentor's handle. MVN216. I turned off my phone abruptly when I felt a surge of anger through my veins.

I stormed down the stairs and outside to look out to the backyard, rejoicing at the sight of dark clouds. I screamed and threw my hands up, my cry echoing down the cliff and through the trees and mountains. Lightning was in my possession as it crackled around in the sky above me, my scream dying but power not leaving.

Large bolts struck the dirt in front of me, the power making me fall backwards. The ground vibrated as the bolts disappeared, but I grabbed more and crawled back up, taking an even larger amount from the sky and stretching it through the sky to make it a flashing purple before bringing it all together into one giant bolt and screaming, throwing it all the way to another mountain. The contact echoed, and nothing followed. I breathed heavily and rubbed my arms, reaching up to touch my nose and looking back at my fingers that now had blood on it.

"Naomi?" I stiffened before turning to face a familiar face, the light accent catching my attention.

"Mom?"

"Does anybody want to explain this?" I asked my family, feeling slight annoyance that Nicholai decided to tag along. Didn't make me feel any better that Alessandra also came, although it made sense.

"Well-" My mom was interrupted by a new voice, one that was also slightly annoying.

"I invited them." Fox descended from the stairs and stopped at my side. "I thought you could use some time with your family, with all that you've been adjusting to."

"A warning would've been nice."

"I've never seen so much power in your lightning." Nicholai spoke, but I barely even spared him a glance. I didn't want to talk about them seeing me have a break down.