[ Beautiful Curse ]

[Part 1]

People say my eyes are like the Medusa's - alluring, beautiful and enchants any man who look upon my way.

Yet my eyes bring a curse to the rest of the villagers. 

Just like Medusa's, one stare can turn the observer into stone. Likewise with my eyes, they captivate the attention of all men and sometimes women, married or not, jealous or envy.

My eyes brings salvation to my Father, but brings hell to my Mother. Whilst the Father's and single men out there fawn about my eyes on a daily basis to my Father, their wives bring their complaints to my Mother, in whom I love dearly much.

I love my parents much more than their hatred towards my Mother and envy towards my Father.

I could only cry myself to sleep thinking about my Mother's circumstances more than my Father. She's suffering more than him and I could not stop thinking about it. 

I didn't ask to be born this way. I did not ask for such eyes that would bring trouble to my Mother. I was born this way, whether it was a gift or a curse sent to the rest of the villagers. 

Attending the All-Girls High School allowed me to learn more as I got educated properly. Most of the girls there would worship me for having such dashing eyes. It sounded ridiculous, really. Why would they worship me for having a different eye colour than them? 

Am I that much of a difference compared to them? 

I could only smile with sadness. 

This is not what I wanted. 

I don't want to cause my Mother anymore trouble than it is, even if she puts a smile behind that cracked agony. 

"Goodnight, Irene." My Mother smiles before pecking me on the forehead. My fingers grace the back of her hand, wanting to ensure to myself that my Mother was a strong woman who could defend herself from those jealous women out there. 

She didn't look okay, much than an all right. 

Mother could barely sit up as she's rooted on the edge of the bed. I want to say something to her. I want to say something that'll ensure my Mother's heart to ease. Yet all I say is regret coming out of my mouth.

"Why do I have different coloured eyes?" 

Both my Father and Mother have brown coloured eyes, leaving me to have green gold. All the close relatives that I know have either back jet orbs or dull brown. I felt like an outcast for having a different eye colour than the rest. It felt eccentric to be treated differently, whilst my Mother is left with scars.  

My Mother embraces me in a hug as I hold her tighter. 

"You have been bestowed with beauty the moment you were born. Appreciate them when no one else could do it purely."

I could never understand those words from my Mother, but I do as I'm remarked so. 

I should treasure these like a once in a lifetime lottery - knowing that I might not have them anymore on the day that I die. 

We pull away and she kisses my forehead one last time before leaving my room. I'm left alone with the darkness and the moonlight shining directly through the open window. I pull my blanket even closer, situating myself to the nicest position before closing my eyes. 

I pray to myself that there would be a miracle when I wake up. I hope for the suffering of my Mother to stop. That's all that I want for my Mother. She deserves to be treated equally and not getting the hatred that she doesn't deserve. 

When I open my eyes, the world brings me to another place. 

Inspired by Season 3 of Once Upon A Time TV series because Peter Pan ☃. 

Plot line will be different than the series. I do not own anything but the story. If there are any scene similarities to other stories, then it is by pure coincidence. I do not intend to plagiarize anyone's story for my own benefit.

pairing for this story will be vrene cuz why not :33333 

160417