[ Black Rose ]

Irene tugged onto Taehyung's sleeve, urging him to turn around with a concerned look on his face. She had been passing out several times and he has lost count. He knew it wasn't her fault in the first place to black out from seeing the epitome of terror for the first time. 

Taehyung recalled when Wendy mentioned how nauseous Irene would get at the sight of blood. Other than the coachmen and Aden, she was the most comfortable towards him. Irene was slightly shy towards Aden and heavily nervous towards the two coachmen. They meant no harm, but the strong and precise ambiance they projected said so otherwise.

"Irene, what's the matter?"

The others, including the Red Queen were heading towards the dining hall. No one else was around them. Not even the guard dogs. She knew that there were ears integrated within the walls, whoever they were. She wearily peered at Taehyung, who in return nibbled on his bottom lip. It had been a habit ever since Irene kept tugging his shoulder sleeves. 

She gesticulated for him to come closer, knowing what it meant. Unfortunately, before she could even attempt to whisper in his ears, a solitaire soldier appeared from the left corridor.

"Are you lost?" It spoke in a robotic voice that held no emotions, interjecting Irene's moment to tell Taehyung about her vision. Irene glanced away from the sharp stake steel weapon and pretended to cough, engendering Taehyung to fix Irene's shoulder pads as if it irritated him. He lightly patted her shoulder and replaces his worries into a smile.

"Thank you for your concern, sir, but I was just tending to my wife's lack of attention. We'll be on our way to the dining hall now." 

Taehyung grabbed Irene from the wrist and she followed without any resistance. She didn't want to stay near the presence of a card heart shaped soldier wielding a massive sharp weapon. The vision was already wounding a scar. She understood the message the moment the Red Castle emerged into her insight.

"Sit down my dear guests." The Red Queen announced and the duo occupied the seats, except that they weren't next to each other anymore. Irene had to sit next to one of the coachmen as Taehyung sat next to Aden. They were almost face to face, but it wouldn't be enough for Taehyung to ease Irene's panic attacks.

"Today, we'll be having some lamb chops with veggies on the side as well as some corn. Any objections?" She inquired, peeking directly at Irene's direction. She noticed the gaze from the queen and instinctively stood up, bowed down and replied in her softest tone.

"There will be no problems, your Highness."

Aden ushered for the girl to sit back down and the toothy grin remained on the Queen's face. Taehyung clenched his jaw at the Red Queen's hard gaze towards Irene. He hoped that Irene wasn't in any form of trouble despite her blacking out last time. He also prayed that what she was serving was edible enough for Irene to nibble a few pieces of said meat.

He heard of the rumors that if any guests didn't return from the Red Castle, it was because she ate them for her daily meals. She had once loved someone before, who ended up breaking her own heart. The Red Queen was painfully anguished that the man she loved was in the hands of another woman. 

They lived happily together and depression consumed the Red Queen's once beautiful form.

Soon, that crushed heard developed into broken shards leaking black liquid. People assumed that she was a lost cause and was stripped nothing but hatred. No matter how much he wanted to believe in these rumors, Taehyung felt remorse for the Queen but detested her actions nonetheless. 

The two large doors heaved open, emerging multiple insect servants bringing their lunches. The caterpillars slide through, bending its upper body upwards to mimic the actions of a butler. Each guest were served with rusty steel cups and Irene clenched her fists as one large cockroach poured some wine for her.