[ Journey Through Time ]

[ Part 3 ]

Eternal sleep wasn't enough for the curious mind of the pure soul. 

She suffered and understood. She had been wrapped with eternal slumber that deemed peace and tranquility. She had been asleep in peace, undisturbed by anything that was happening outside. Her youth remained and any flaws had been erased into a regenerated soul.

Irene awoke to the clinking of teapots and her heart pounded back to life. Her muscles twitched and she groaned in helplessness. Her limbs were still asleep, after all, it had been more than a decade of sleep. 

She sat up from the bouncy bed and bumped to the left and right. Irene's head was slightly pounding. She had no clue where the lightheadedness came from, but she squirmed her eyes to endure the headache. Fluttering her hazel eyes, she gasped in a mouthful of air and held her raging heart. She had been sleeping for some time with no memories for the time being. 

Time stood still. It was until she awoke to a new surrounding, one completely unrecognizable at first glance.

Trees that would usually bear fruits were glowing strange seeds. She had not perceived such object before, but noticed the star-shaped glow hanging from the branches. Irene was both shocked and speechless at the same time. Irene felt mostly confused and held no clue as to where she could be right now.

She had no time to process things and her surroundings when echos of heavy running footsteps neared to her chamber. Someone barged through the door unexpectedly and spoke breathlessly. Irene remained paralysed like a statue and gazed at the unfamiliar lad.

"I-Irene, we ... need to attend t-to the c-chamber." He gasped for air and properly stood up, holding his shirt and steadied his breath.

Irene remained quiet once more.

This face was a new one and Taehyung was the last person that she wanted to see. She could not properly grasp what entity Taehyung was anymore. She was slightly overwhelmed by the new presence and simply sat at the edge of the bed. 

"H-hey, why are you looking at me like that?" The lad inquired. Irene brushed the ominous thoughts about Neverland away and pretended to be in shock. She shakes her head with an a slight embarrassment and stood up, dusting invisible soot from her brand new overall.

"O-oh, it's nothing. Don't mind me. Lead the way." 

Those words came out naturally, as if she had lived this certain life for more than she had ever lived. The lad nodded with uncertainty and Irene followed from behind. In truth, she was as lost as herself upon crossing the mirage of Neverland. 

Questions bombarded her empty void till she got dizzy, yet she trailed behind without distancing herself further. The corridor was one area that would enthrall and trance a curious mind. It was filled with framed pictures of unfamiliar faces from Irene's view. The walls were painted with gold ink and embedded with a special crest.

Why am I awake after everything that has passed? Where am I to be exact?

Who exactly ... am I?

Upon reaching the enormous chamber in a hurry, Irene was left slightly breathless as well. She felt awe at the spacious chamber that lacked primary colours. The beautifully carved columns were left in white. Even the walls paled against the framed pictures. They held faces that had not seen before.

"Maiden Irene, would you please come forth?"

She turned around to the voice and remained stoic. Even after comprehending her new surroundings, she was able to live up to this life. 

"Y-Yes ma'am?" 

The lad who brought Irene to the chamber snickered to himself. Her heart pounded once again, even after running through the corridors. Irene awaited for what came next and those words were prone to strangeness.

"Go with Taehyung to seek out the madness coming from the Red Castle."

-

021217 - didn't think i'd end it here did ya ;)