[ Heed My Voice ]

The occurring day was normal for Irene. Her parents were like the usual - agitated and quiet. The angry wives are no longer angry. They were just minding their own business. They resumed to life as nothing had ever happened. It was normal for both Irene and her Mother to walk casually through the town's streets. 

The world had seemed to be a better place. Irene was happy that her dimension was back to normal.

Yet what shocked Irene the most was the change of her eye colour. It was no longer the hazel green she was used to ever since she was born. The colour of her orbs changed from natural green to golden brown. They were still different from her parents and she wondered why. 

Attending classes were normal for the lass. She attended every session with no troubles and gossips that happened everyday. The classes were like a normal teaching lessons, where students strived their best to get the best grades - which struck confusion into Irene. 

That night, whilst her Mother was busy preparing for dinner with Irene helping, the daughter could not help but to think about the slightly altered circumstances in her dimension once again. The angry wives no longer created chaos first thing in the morning, but her Mother was still the same person. Her eyes had changed colours, the classroom was oddly smart and attentive and they could easily walk through the streets. 

Their house was still quite far from the town, yet nobody questioned anything. 

Irene scooped a spoon from the drawer and tasted the warm soup - it was as how her Mother always cooked it. Her cooking skills did not change, compared to the Mother's from those different dimensions. She remained vigilant towards her quiet Mother who was now stirring the curry. 

Why was her Mother so quiet when the whole town of wives weren't against her?

Irene remained quiet and switched the knob. She transferred two-thirds of the soup into a bowl before bringing it easily towards the kitchen table. 

They all ate in silence that night, which palpitated Irene's calm heart. Her parents, although always down and quiet caused by the everyday morning chaos would usually question Irene about her day. They had always asked different questions regarding her classes and the issues that she used to have back then. 

However, they remained quiet and ate throughout dinner - as if it was a sin to speak a few things to each other.

They kissed Irene on the forehead and bid her goodbye after cleaning up. Her parents hadn't uttered a full conversation that would usually fill the tranquil ambiance of the living room. This quiet atmosphere felt uncomfortable. Irene wanted to feel normal as how it used to be, but she couldn't anymore. 

She sat by the window thinking about the day until it was time for her slumber. Irene wasn't sleepy whatsoever, but she had another full day of classes tomorrow. She felt stubborn today since she didn't exchange a lot of words with her parents. No matter how quiet her Mother was, she was the type to strike a full conversation with her daughter until it was possible that Irene fell asleep. 

Observing the still night induced the desire to sleep increase. She wanted to sleep, not just because she had class tomorrow, but because she was tired inside and out. Irene was tired of thinking about what she had done wrong for the world to feel odd once again. 

She heaved a strained sigh for the millionth time and nibbled her bottom lip. The tranquil night and calming wind was supposed to make her feel exhilarated. The wind was also supposed to be making her sleepy, to make her forget everything that just happened.

Irene already forgave Taehyung for his mistake, but she unsure whether it was genuine or not. Had her lack of sympathy to forgive Taehyung affected her own dimension? Did she truly forgive him for his carelessness? 

She stood up from her chair, already stressed from the fact that she has to think about Neverland and classes. 

The lass turned around, only to be stopped by the soft voice of a puppy barking. Her heart quenched at the lethargic calling and swiftly looked out the window, although it was dark the puppy's figure and colour was oddly noticeable. 

Irene's eyes widened at the frail puppy. It was her first time seeing up close and bound to be the first time to hold one. 

Without thinking twice about its whereabouts, she hurriedly tiptoed downstairs as to not wake up her parents. It was almost time for her to sleep and if she were to be caught, she knew she would be grounded. Irene is an independent young woman who was able to do things on her own, but a parent would always be a parent. 

Irene could hear the puppy barking, its voice passing through the thin walls. She prayed that her parents wouldn't wake up. She hoped that they were in a deep sleep and that she would hold the puppy before everything falls apart. Cautiously unlocking the door, she slipped on her slippers and tugged on her cardigan despite the cold wind. 

She sauntered towards the back of the house and found the white puppy toddling towards her. Irene wanted to cry as she cradled the puppy, its tail wagging as the puppy licked her nose. She lightly laughed to herself before sniffing. The puppy was so adorable that her tears almost brimmed to life. 

"Where did you come from?" She whispered, ruffling the puppy's fur as she stood up carefully. The puppy's bark transcended into a whimper and Irene headed back inside the house. 

Was the puppy barking due to the cold weather?

The puppy no longer whimpered and nuzzled its body against her body. 

'Don't come back.'

Irene flinched at the familiar whisper near her ear, turning around to find the source of the voice.  She cradled the puppy closer to her chest and blinked severely. She knew it was Taehyung's voice and wondered why she was still listening to his voice when she wasn't in Neverland. 

Her frenzied demeanor didn't make the circumstance any better. She sauntered back upstairs towards her room with the now sleeping puppy on her arms. 

Placing the stirring puppy on her bed, she locked the door and closed the window. She only heard his voice once and Irene was shrilled from the whisper. Her body shook in turmoil, occupying the space next to the sleeping puppy as she pulled the blanket over her head. 

"Please leave me alone." She whispered to herself under the blanket, squeezing her eyes shut - not noticing that the puppy was under the blankets too. 

Seconds passed and Irene oddly passed out to sleep. The night consumed her consciousness and she remained in a deep slumber, leaving the puppy to disappear and return back to Neverland. Its paws made footprints on the sand, sauntering back towards thousands of trees. 

The puppy made its way back when a crowbar pierced its way through the puppy's frail body. Blood poured out from the body and the puppy could not whimper anymore. Irene whined in her sleep, brushing the slumber away as seconds tick by. Taehyung groaned loudly at the invisible impact that penetrated through his stomach. The feeling wasn't physical to his nerves, but he felt it churning as the aftereffect of the puppy's suffering. 

Tears ran down both eyes, especially Taehyung as he clutched onto the steel bar. 

Peter clicked his tongue numerous time and observed the dead puppy at a close distance. He smiled in the end, throwing the stabbed puppy and crowbar away. 

"Not this time Taehyung."

-

160917 - guess who's starting her second semester in two days ... me TTnTT