[ Snow ]

Irene did not reciprocate the situation very well, which created a disaster after the announcement. Her breathing caught off guard and her mind was slightly blurry. Irene did not want to cross paths with Taehyung again, even after sleeping for several years. It was just Irene sleeping, in the darkness. 

She grew frantic, lost her balance and almost fell into the arms of a former maiden. Irene was glad that it wasn't Taehyung who caught her, but she saw him in the corner of her eyes. She pointed an accusing finger at him, confusing the rest of the servants standing in the hall.

Irene was brought back to her own chamber, who remained quavering ever since her role was called out. She had no clue whatsoever as to what the Red Castle was. She remained blank at the existence of Taehyung himself and wondered what other tricks he has up on his sleeves. 

The old maiden cradled Irene with blankets and gave her something warm to drink. 

"Dear child, whatever is the matter with you?" She inquired softly, caressing Irene's head in order to ease her unknown fears. The old lady held no clue as to why Irene began to panic. Irene had no clue as to where and why she had awaken to a brand new world. She could not trust Taehyung even after everything that he had done. 

She lost her parents. She lost her friend that remained a sister in her heart, Wendy. She held no recollections of anything here, only a void filled the previous memories. 

"I-I think I ... might've hit my h-head ... or something ..." She stuttered, clenching the blanket tightly. Staring at the patterned wall with the soft blanket wrapped around her timid body, she felt she could trust the old lady. 

She remained on the bed for quite some time. She was supposed to go to the Red Castle with Taehyung a few minutes ago, but she was so lost that she did not budge a move from her bed. Irene was clueless as what role she played as now and did not want to go anywhere near him.

"Irene, whatever has happened that I am unaware of, you must understand that your task into finding the answers about the Red Queen's intentions are significant." The old lady proposed, caressing her hair once more and the affection felt rather familiar. It was just like a Mother's embrace.

Irene sniffed the confusion away and stuttered through her words.

"W-who's the Red Queen? W-where do I stand?"

"My, my, child. I am quite unsure in what you are saying. Has your memories failed you in completing your task?"

The young woman simply stirred and groaned in confusion. She suffered what the other victims had suffered. They suffered the most compared to Irene, but she was alive and traumatized. She could not forget everything what Taehyung has done, or what was left of him.

A knock was visible at the door, inducing the old lady to turn to the door. Someone appeared and Irene's fear and bad feeling grew into a terrible chaos. She pulled the blanket over her head and Taehyung, the one she was unfamiliar with entered as a granted permission. He held a concerned expression with interlaced fingers together. 

The old lady simply nodded before standing up from the bed.

"I'll leave you to it."

Irene knew that she would be totally fine being alone for the time being. She declined seeing Taehyung, no matter the circumstances. 

"Irene-"

"Go away!" She shouted under the covers of the blanket, tears streaming sideways as he noticed her trembling body. Taehyung remained quiet for a while and tried to sort things out in his head. He simply clicked his tongue and stormed out.