4.

I followed Sans as he walked under the familiar sign.
     'Welcome to Snowdin' It said, parts of it smattered in a black, sticky substance. Dark ash flew into my face as a small gust of wind blew the ground.
      A monster with its teeth slanting sharply out of it's mouth and an aggravated twitch slouched past, seemingly not seeing us, muttering fearfully to itself.
     You can't trust Sans, Chara's voice fought through my skull, you have no idea who he is.
    "I can trust him," I whispered softly, "and I will."
    Suddenly, Sans roughly threw me to the side, just in time for a monster, only a little smaller than me, to run, snarling and spitting, it's jaws clamping in the space I had just occupied.
    There was no hesitation. Immediately, Sans twisted round and lifted his hand, so gracefully and swiftly it somehow looked casual, as bones rose from the air and impaled the monster kid with no more than a yelp.
    Blood trickled out of it's eyes, it's mouth, and a second later he crumbled to dust.
     "Let's continue, shall we?" Sans asked, as if he'd done no more than pluck a weed from the ground.
     I hesitated, nodded, carried on walking.
     That could be you, Chara's voice had a hint of amusement to it. You never know when he'll turn on you.
    "No, that was you," I whispered again, "I've always trusted Sans, and I will continue to do so. We were friends once, now you've ruined everything."
    "What was that?" Sans voice called from a few meters away.
     "Oh, nothing!" I said, hastily catching up with him, "I'm just a bit..."
    "Here we are," Sans turned to me, interrupting my garbled excuse, to which I thankfully realised he wasn't listening to.
    I looked to where Sans was pointing. Just like before. The same house, same stupid letterboxes, Sans' still overflowing.
     Home.
     "Here," Sans said, opening the door and allowing me to pass, "Oh, and beware of my brother. He'll kill you."
    I stopped dead in my tracks. Papy wouldn't...
    "SANS!" A voice roared, distorted and scratchy almost beyond recognition.
     A shell of one of my best friends stood in front of me, bones scratched and blood falling from his teeth.
     I looked at him. I looked to Sans.
    "Hey bro," he said casually, "made any food yet?"
     Papyrus grunted, his gaze shifting to me. He lit up, "Food?" He repeated, looking at Sans.
    "No, Pap," he said, "friend." I didn't fail to notice the hint of bitterness he held in his voice as he said that word.
    "Come on," Sans turned to me, gesturing for me to follow him, "I'll show you around."
    I looked at him, "But... I already know my way around."
    He looked at me with an emotion I couldn't quite decipher.
    "No you haven't, Chara never got past into Snowdin, and you've never even existed here before."
    I blinked, "Don't you remember me at all?"
    He carried on walking, "Nope," he told me, "Welp, if you've been here then I guess you're gonna be fine without the tour." He came to the door to his room.
    "My door has a lock, so you can sleep here and not be worried about Papyrus, or anyone else for that matter."
     I looked at him, "But... Where will you sleep?"
     He shrugged, "Eh, I've always liked being more down to earth anyway, I'll sleep on the ground."
    I faltered, "You barely trust me, yet you're going to let me sleep in your room? You never used to let anyone in there!"
    He studied me, "You're right, but, from what I've seen, you're gonna need extra protection. I'm not sure what's going on here, or how you know all these things about the Underground, but I as sure as hell don't remember you in any timeline. Which means you must have come before them. And until we get to the bottom of this..."
     He opened the door and shoved me inside. "Make yourself comfortable. You're not going anywhere."
    He slammed the door in my face. "What! You can't keep me trapped!" I called angrily, slamming the door with my palms.
    "Sorry kid," Sans' muffled voice called back. Then, much softer, so I supposed I wasn't meant to hear, I heard him murmur, "I just want my brother back."