32.

I look around me. I'm back to the nothingness, to my current headspace. 

     You made it. 

Chara's looking at me almost reprovingly. 

       I thought you were way too weak to let go of your past. It's a shame really, she grins at me, I was hoping I'd get this body all to myself if you got stuck in there.

      Thanks. My reply echoes dryly in our mind. Means a lot. 

       There's something different about the way I'm seeing this emptiness now, as if the atmosphere got warmer- softer, maybe. 

       How do you feel? She asks me, golden red eyes glittering at me as her words echo in my mind. 

      I feel... different. And it's true. My mind feels clearer, brighter, more- my own again. 

      She smiles at me. Great, isn't it? Because now you don't need anyone who hurt you. Now, you can think more clearly without fear getting in your way. She gets closer to me, her smile growing wider as her eyes never leave my face. 

     Now, I can show you the truth. Her words echo louder in my head. And you'll see why this whole stupid world should burn. 

       And suddenly, I feel myself getting sucked towards a door- a different door- a door with ivy creeping up the sides and splintering paint adorning the frame. Chara's hand next to me is shooting out towards it, pushing it open to splintering light so bright that I cover my eyes with my arms as I fall through it- 

      And land with a thump on the flower bed below. 

** I'm back I'm sorry hehehe thank you so much to everyone still reading wow you're all so lovely I hope you are all safe and warm

This is a super short chapter because I think Chara's true story deserves to sort of stand on it's own sorry**