6.

I sat with my back against a pine tree. I could see my breath in front of me, but I didn't care about the lack of heat. All I could think of was what could have happened.
    I tried to shuffle through Chara's memories, but, as always, she blocked me. I growled.
    Wait, no I didn't. I looked up from my wringing hands. Where did that come from..?
     Something fell into the snow in front of me. I leaned over, then almost threw up. That looked a lot like...
    There was a scream above. What I saw scared me to my core. A small creature stood looking at me, innocently enough.
   Except for the disfigured animal in its grasp. The poor monster had half it's scalp removed, the skull looked raw and I could see small parts of it's wound already turning a black-green substance. The skin that it used to have adorned the small creature, almost like a mask. It was smiling pensively, while the disfigured monster whimpered softly, and I could hear a small lullaby come out if it's mouth.
    I gasped. This was like nothing I'd seen before. Parts of it's skin peeled off in front of me, and from the look of the empty eye socket, there was indeed an eye in front of me, a fork placed neatly in the center.
    Gagging, I stumbled away in fear. This was not happening. To have done this so ruthlessly...
    I shuddered, helplessly hesitating as to whether to help the monster shivering in pure agony.
    "Go..." It croaked, and I realised in shock that this monster wasn't like the others. It was still untainted by this world. Mentally anyway.
    As I made this observation, I heard the small creature make a roar I could never have imagined it could have mustered, and began to leap towards me, it's mouth opening, and widening to make up almost it's whole body.
    I dodged its attacks and desperately tried to keep track of where it had put its captive.
    It seemed my turn never came. There was no pause in these attacks, it just kept relentlessly throwing its weight at me, its razor-sharp teeth closing narrowly in the air above my head.
    I didn't know how long I could keep this up. I was exhausted already. With a last desperate leap for the branch where the poor creature lay in pain, I felt my leg give as I tripped on a root below my feet. The breath was knocked out of me as the rabid monster leapt on top of me, breathing heavily. My head was filled with the smell of rotting meat and I choked.
    It roared again, and my ears almost hurt from the noise it made.
    Suddenly, a blue light flew out of the trees. There was no time to react. The monster exploded in shreds of fur and flesh all over me and my surroundings.
   I knew it had to be Sans who saved me. I didn't turn round to check. As quick as a monkey, I climbed up the tree and took the monster into my arms, gently sliding to the ground again.
    "Hey, you're okay now," I soothed him, though I knew it was no use. He clearly was in no way 'okay'.
     The monster whimpered again, and my tears filled my eyes again.
    It shuddered slightly, "Thank you, miss," It began as I held it to my chest, "You're not like the others either, are you?"
     I shook my head, "We can get you help, okay? Just hang on, please."
     I thought I heard it gurgle a laugh, "It's okay," it told me, "I don't really have a desire to continue living..."
     I closed my eyes, unable to watch, but unable to tear my eyes away.
     I had no idea what to do; I began to hum the same song I heard him sing before.
     With a final shudder, the monster closed his eyes and slowly went still. I didn't stop humming for another few minutes after. I couldn't stop.
     I felt a boney hand on my shoulder.
    "Frisk." Sans' voice gently broke my singing.
    "We bury him." I say, my voice steady.
    "We have no time. We have to leave before more come-"
     "We bury him." I repeated, with such force that Sans went silent. I began to pierce the freezing snow with my bare hands.
    Silently, Sans did the same. My hands were bloodied and stiff once we'd finished, and I could see Sans' bones ever so slightly chipped in some places too.
    Gently, I lowered the monster into his new grave, and we spent the next few minutes in silence, hiding him from the world he happily escaped from.
     I stood for a while, and Sans waited patiently behind me.
     After about 5 minutes, a howl echoed through the forest.
    Sans brushed my arm slightly, trying to get me to leave. Before I could stop myself, I threw myself at his chest and started to sob.
     He didn't react, waited for me as I slowly pulled back, regaining my control.
    "Is this what the world is like now?" I asked, my voice bunged from tears. He didn't reply, so I continued.
     "His eye was pulled out... And... His skin... Like a mask..."
    I looked away. "I tried to tell myself that this isn't real, that this is all a dream and I'll wake up at Tori's and everything will be fine, everything will be good..." I sniffed, "But this is real life, isn't it? I-I... Papyrus... Everyone is broken, something's been destroyed and there's so much pain and sadness and..." I looked at my hands, cuts adorning them from sharp stones in the earth.
    "He was good, he was kind." I whispered, "He was like me, like us. And because he refused to kill someone..."
    I broke off. "It's just not fair."
    Sans engulfed me in a hug. I staggered back slightly, surprised at his sudden intimacy, his arms around me stopping me from falling.
    Carefully, I leant my head against his chest. I barely knew Sans, yet I felt safe like this. "I know it's not fair, kid," he murmured to me, and I tried to calm the hiccups occasionally jolting my chest from crying, "And I swear we'll get to the bottom of this, okay? Trust me."
    I sighed contentedly. "After how you just killed me- twice? I'll never trust you."
    I heard him chuckle, "Feeling's mutual, sweetheart."
    It's funny how quickly thing's can change, and how fickle something is once it's put into perspective. Here we are, standing over the dead, probably being hunted right this second, yet all I can feel is safety. We could be dead before we even had time to react.
    That thought only made me hug him tighter.
    He still didn't let me go.

So, uh, I have people reading this. Real, live people. Probably. Uhm, yeah.
Thanks. I guess.
This is more for me than anyone else so... Yeah I don't update often.
Cool. That's cool. Enjoy :)