5.

I sat on the floor, staring around me. I'd never been in Sans' room before. Nothing said 'dangerous killer's bedroom'. There was a bed in the corner, a treadmill oddly in the middle, and a book with the words Quantum Mechanics on the cover.
    I picked it up, but the symbols and words were so complicated they made my head spin. I sat down. Maybe it wasn't the words.
    The adrenaline I had been running on was slowly losing it's grip on me, and now the cold reality of it washed over me. The Underground as I knew it was gone.
    The monsters inhabiting it are mindless, gore-filled creatures I couldn't possibly have any chance to save. Not now.
    I'd never known Sans with such power before. Was he always like this? Even in my pacifist runs? I thought we were friends, but if he hid such a huge part of him from me then were we really?
    Questions swarmed over me, my heart dropping like a leaden weight. There's no hope. How am I meant to save them? I didn't even mean to survive my fall into the Ruins, trying to escape the monsters above, and now the monsters down below are even worse.
    Maybe it's me. Maybe I destroy everything I'm in.
    I push those thoughts away. I can't afford to think like that anymore. Not since I've gone down here. I saved these monsters once, I'll save them again!
    "Sans!" I yelled, "Get me out of here, now I am leaving!!"
    The door opened, revealing Sans, hand upraised, blue lighting one socket, "Oh really?" He questioned, his skull grinning even wider.
    I faltered, "Yes!" I say, my voice wavering, but still strong.
     "Kid, you're not going anywhere," he began, "But," he interjected as I was about to protest, "I realise there's no point in keeping you cooped up in my room. Fine. I'll allow you to go round the house. And if you go outside..."
    He looked away, a breathy laugh escaping his teeth, "Heh, you wouldn't last long anyways."
    I stared at him for a while, determination seeping through my body again.
    "Fine," I say finally, relenting to his proposal.
    "Okay, glad that's under the carpet," he says, walking off downstairs leaving me to stare off after him.
    That was a lot easier than expected.

****

"Here ya go," Sans pushed a plate of spaghetti over to me at the table. I looked at it suspiciously.
     "Relax," he said, taking a bite of his own, "it's not poisoned or anything."
    I glared at him and picked at my food slightly, aware of Sans opposite me casually twirling a forkfull.
    I didn't like this. It's like I had no power anymore, and I was so used to controlling everything. Then again, if it could always become like this, maybe I never had the control I thought I did.
    "Kid," Sans began. I looked up. "If your name's not Chara, then who are you?"
    I frowned slightly. There was no point in lying.
    "Frisk," I murmured eventually, starting again to pick at my spaghetti.
    Sans was silent for a minute. "Frisk." He said, returning to eat. I furrowed my brow. No matter how messed up this world had become, Sans was still the same mysterious being he always was. I sighed, finally taking a bite of my food. I didn't realise how hungry I was.
    Just before I took another bite, a huge CRASH made me jump.
    "SANS?!" I heard Papyrus yell.
    Sans didn't look up. "In here." He said.
    Papyrus skidded into the kitchen, breathing heavily. He slumped down, staring at the food in front of him.
    He turned his head to me and I looked down quickly. There were no words passed for a while, only harsh grinding and gnashing of Papyrus' misshapen teeth.
    I felt him staring at me the whole time. I wasn't hungry anymore yet I'd only eaten half the plateful. Papyrus still refused to take his eyes off me.
    Something made me push my plate towards him. "Here, I'm not hungry." I told him.
    His eyes lit up slightly and it made me want to cry. He was still the same Pap, somewhere, but nothing was remotely how it used to be.
    I saw Sans watching me. I looked back at him wordlessly, my eyes beginning to water. I did this.
    "Frisk, kid," Sans began, "You alright?"
    "Y-yeah," I said, blinking. "I'll be..."
    My eyes glanced at the door quickly.
    "-I'll just be a moment."
    Before Sans could react, I flew out of the door. I had no idea where I was going, and quite frankly I didn't even consider my fear towards the dangers outside.
    All I could think about was the expression Papyrus gave me, the same one he gave me before, back when everything was fine, and I showed him how to make pancakes.
    Now he was merely a shadow, an old memory, a broken toy left in the rain.
    My heart ached as I ran, but not from lack of oxygen. I ruined this world, I ruined the people in it.
     And I couldn't think of a thing I could do to fix it.