18.

I must have blacked out, because the next thing I knew, I was lying curled up on Sans' bed. I didn't move for a minute, processing the events I had just been through, my head beginning to throb a little with the confusion.
       Chara said to me that the monsters had brought it on themselves... But how would she know that? Did she see something when she was alive that no one else knew?
          Chara. Are you there?
        No response.
          I sighed, raising myself up onto my elbows, and my hand went to my head as it ached even more with the movement. I jolted back in surprise.
          "You."
        Flowey was near the side of my bed, his red eye watching me and his stalk swaying slightly as I glared at him.
         "Frisk, I-"
       "Why on earth would you suggest for me to go in- in that place?!" I cried angrily, "I could have died, those- things woke up because of me! You said you would keep me safe but you have no idea what half of the things even were-"
       "Because Chara made me!" He suddenly burst out, interrupting my rant, "Do you really think I want to hurt you Frisk?!"
       I scoffed, "Well I'm sorry if I don't believe you, considering the amount of times you've tried to kill me before!"
          Flowey ducked his head guiltily, "you know that was before you brought the real me, Asriel, back," he protested quietly, "You know I wouldn't have done it otherwise."
        I shook my head angrily and sighed, but I felt a stab of pain in my chest as I remembered learning about what happened to him and Chara. Then I remembered hugging the poor little scared boy who died trying to bring back his best friend to their home.
          "Chara gets into people's heads, you know that, of all people," I smiled briefly at his pun, "And, well..." He trailed off, "She was my best friend. I'm sorry, Frisk."
        I sighed. "It's not you I'm angry at, really. I'm not that angry at Chara either, surprisingly... You two were just showing me the truth of the underground. The underground no one else has ever told me about, not even Sans." I scowled as I said his name. "It's been at least a week or two now," I told Flowey frustratedly, "I know that's not a lot of time to trust someone but- A fortnight is a long time here. I haven't even been outside since.." I trailed off, remembering that poor monster we buried in the forest.
        "C'mon, Frisk, where's that determination of yours?" Flowey asked me, "I've never seen you down like this before..."
        I frowned slightly. Flowey was right. This feeling... It was like suddenly everything seemed impossibly huge- like I was only just keeping my chin above water that was about to suffocate me.
        "You're right, it's going- What's wrong with me?" I murmured, panic rising in my throat.
         "F-Frisk..." Flowey began, a hint of fear in his voice, "You know all the other monsters started similarly to this too, before they went mad."
        I felt myself go numb. "Are you serious?" I gasped, going pale.
        "They lost hope too... Chara, she showed them-" Flowey contorted slightly, like something had stopped him mid sentence, "I'm sorry Frisk," he told me regretfully, "I can't help you, Chara's still too strong. I'll be back to being... Well, Flowey soon. I'd better go."
          "What do I do?" I asked, trying to stop my voice rise in panic.
         "Just... Don't lost hope Frisk," He told me, desperately, "Don't lose your determination."
        He disappeared into the ground.
        I tried to hold the tears threatening to spill over my eyes.
       I didn't feel very determined anymore.

***
     I took a few deep breaths before facing Sans and walking downstairs. I didn't feel great, but I'd managed to pull myself together a little more than I had initally after my little chat with Flowey.
         Sans was cooking something when I got downstairs, and his back was turned to me so he didn't notice me enter at first. Without saying a word, I pulled back a chair from the table and sat down. Sans whirled round at the noise of the char moving.
       "Hey, little bird," He greeted me, turning back to the stove and picking up the saucepan he had been focusing on and scraping the contents onto two plates.
          I said nothing.
          "I made scrambled eggs," he continued, "Hope that's alright with you."
           I still made no move to speak, or even react to his words.
         "Cat got ya tongue?" He asked humorously, his tone falling slightly when he saw the look on my face.
        Without another word, he put my plate in front of me and sat down in the chair opposite me. We ate for a few minutes in stony silence.
         Sans cleared his throat, "So-"
        I snapped, slamming my palms on the table loudly. "What the fuck are you keeping down there?!" I shrieked, "How the hell am I meant to trust you after this? Do you really think that pretending that all of that never happened is going to make any difference?! You can hide stuff and pretend it doesn't matter, but not everyone is as apathetic as you!" I paused, breathing heavily.
       Sans was silent, his eyes fixed on me.
      I sat down again, not even realizing that I'd stood up in the first place.
        "You are not my friend, and you are just as bad, if not worse, than the monsters that have gone mad down here."
         I looked down, feeling somewhat drained from my outburst of anger.
          "You're right," Sans finally said quietly, "I am just as bad as any other monster down here," I paused- surprised at his agreement, and looked up at him again.
          "But you know what?" He continued, his voice slowly building, "You're just a hypocrite. How can you trust me?- How can I trust you."
        It was Sans' turn to stand up now.
      "You think you're the one in the right here, you're the one who can fix this..? Well guess what princess? This is the underground now, and you sure as hell can't do anything to change it."
       I stood up too, my anger coming back to me like red hot fire, glaring at Sans.
       "All my friends are gone. I have nothing left. Papyrus is the only one that ever mattered to me, and he's only been brought back, just for me to watch him get sick again."
         "What?" I asked, going pale.
         Sans took a few step towards me. "That's right," He said loudly, "Papyrus went outside today and saw the world as it was. And now he's turning back. He's in bed now. I remember the last time and this time is even worse because I know what it's going to do to him this time."
         His eye was burning with a red fire now, not blue, and a trickle of fear dripped down my back.
          He was standing face to face with me now, looking down on me with an expression on his face that terrified me.
         "Well done, Frisk," he snarled, pinning me against the wall, "You've finally beaten me."
         "I never meant for that-!"
         Sans scoffed, "Of course you didn't." He said sarcastically, "You just 'look' like Chara. One day Chara's here and the next you are. I trusted you."
          "Oh, just give it up, Frisk, drop the act."
          "Please.."
          "Heh, I guess it was always going to end this way."
          I sighed, closing my eyes. "And I give up." I whispered.
        There will be no resets this time, because I have no determination to do so. I just want it to end. All of this, it was for nothing. All I've managed to do is make things worse.
         I looked up at Sans, and his hand was outstretched, directing the sharp bones pointing at me, and a tear dripped down ny cheek.
          "I'm sorry, Sans."

***
THIS IS NOT THE END
I am so so sorry I am so bad at updating, thank you so much for continuing to read this.
A lot of things have been happening recently, and it's kind of moved me to say that to anyone who is going through something, to anyone who needs a friend, or just someone to listen to them, or even just need a chat, then PLEASE PLEASE message me.
In fact my Tumblr is @ purplelollypop so feel free to say hi if you're bored :)
I'm so sorry once again, and I'm not sure if the next chapter will be any faster to upload. I really do apologize for that
(P.S. I hate this chapter with all my heart and I'm sorry if you do too, I will try and make the next one better)
Thank you for reading!