12.

It turned out Papyrus had no idea that Sans could teleport. I thought he would have at least told his brother, but seemingly, he told no one.
    "WOW, BROTHER!" He said, his voice brimming with awe, but then suddenly furrowed into a frown, "WAIT. IS THIS HOW YOU'VE BEEN AVOIDING ALL THE CHORES THIS WHOLE TIME!?"
     "What can I say," Sans replied, "I'm just not the kinda guy you can work to the bone."
     I giggled as Papyrus' face turned into one of that familiar mutinous anger at Sans' pun.

*****

      Once we'd made it to the house (Papyrus looking confusedly at the several scratches and 'ketchup' stains on the wall), we quickly ushered Papyrus up to his room.
     We heard an anguished yell of, "SANS!! YOU'VE DESTROYED MY ROOM!" As soon as the door closed.
     We'd both forgotten Papyrus had probably abused his room and it's contents beyond compare while he was in that state of mind.
     Sans sighed and scratched his skull, "That'll keep him busy for a while, at least."
     He led me into the living room and put his arms on his knees, turning his head to look at me.
     "Kid, you're gonna need to start talking. What the hell happened back there?"
     I paused for a minute. How could I avoid including Chara and Flowey? If Sans knew I talked to Chara he'd never trust me again, accuse me of conspiring with her.
     "P-Papyrus burst through the wall," I faltered, swallowing, "I tried to call for you but you were frozen in place; you didn't move."
      "He was so powerful... Kind of like you- he had similar magic- but he wasn't as strong as you, just angrier. I managed to dodge his attacks and I just kept pleading with him..." I closed my eyes.
      "In the end, he had me cornered. And just as he was about to kill me..."
     I looked towards Sans, who's eyes were focused on the ground.
     "Something stopped him. He suddenly became Pap again."
     Sans didn't answer. I fiddled with my fingers for a little. When there was still no response, I broke the silence.
     "Sans... How did Papyrus get that powerful? And why doesn't he remember that magic side to him right now?"
      Sans leaned back on the sofa, "We weren't always like this," He murmured, "We shouldn't be like this. Not really."
      "What do you mean?" I asked cautiously, afraid of asking the wrong thing and making him close up.
      "I mean our magic," he held up a glowing blue hand. "There's a reason why I remember how to use it and Pap can't. There's a reason why I can't let Papyrus know what I can do- what he could do."
      He put his skull in his hands resting on his knees, "He can't remember what we went through. He just can't. I know he thinks I'm useless and that he's the one protecting me, but if he knew..."
     "Heh," He chuckled, "He can't know. I have to save him from that."
      I was silent for a minute, understanding that he probably wouldn't say anything else.
     He coughed, "L-listen, Frisk, I know it's not really any of my business, but why are you here instead of Chara? If you're different people then why are you basically doppelgangers of each other?"
     He continued, "Obviously you've shown I can trust you, and I'm glad you're here but..."
     He shook his head, "Now I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but how am I meant to relax knowing that you and Chara look exactly the same? And, more importantly, why do you look so identical? How the hell do you know us when we don't know you?"
       I looked down.
    "It's... A long story." I answered tentatively.
     "Then shorten it," I looked up at his decisive tone.
    "I could say the same about your lapse of judgment towards this guy called 'Gaster'" I snapped back.
     "I'm sorry," I said immediately, "I didn't mean it to sound quite so harsh."
     "Forget about it," He passed my angry retort off with an offhanded shrug, "It's fair enough, we both have pasts we don't feel like sharing."
     Getting up, he took my wrist gently in his hand, pulling me up. I stumbled a little at the unexpected pull and fell into him.
     "Sorry," I breathed, frozen at our close proximity.
    "My fault," He murmured in a lower voice than usual, his eyes darting anywhere but my face. I was suddenly acutely aware of the grip he had on my wrist, pressing into me gently.
     What was this feeling? I felt my heart flutter as we locked eyes, and almost as soon as the connection was made, we both looked away and stepped back awkwardly.
     Sans wouldn't meet my eyes again.
    Coughing, he stared up at the ceiling, "Um... We really need to find you some new clothes."
     I gasped, suddenly remembering my indecent situation. I hastily tried to pull the hoodie down further, but more wool just unravelled the more I agitated it.
     "I'm so sorry!" I spoke, looking up at him with a sheepish smile.
    He grinned back, but I could tell it wasn't a real smile, "Come on, I'm sure I have something around here you can borrow; wait here for a minute"
      I sighed, "Okay- thanks, Sans."
     "Don't worry about it, little bird." His voice floated casually from the stairway as he disappeared from view.
     What the heck was that all about?
     Sucking my teeth, I looked around the living room. It seemed weirdly lonely without Papyrus or Sans there. I thought about following Sans, but he told me to wait and I didn't feel like making a fuss.
     I weighed my options. He didn't tell me where to wait.
     I considered Papyrus, standing amongst a room in utter dissary and felt a stab of guilt in my gut again.
     I remembered the look of faith Papyrus gave me as I stood in front of him, covered in the dust of our friends and I felt a tear begin to escape. I threw the memory back. Whatever happened after that wasn't my fault, I told myself, and failing to believe it.
      After a moment's hesitation, I began to make my way up the stairs to introduce myself again to one of my oldest best friends.
      The feeling in the pit of my stomach that I was missing some vital part of information shadowed over me and still refused to leave no matter how I tried to shake it.
      I sighed and turned to Pap's door. Behind it, frustrated scuffles emerged under the door frame and I felt butterflies in my stomach.
     I had no idea how Papyrus was going to react to me- or indeed whether he would ever consider me a friend, judging from the circumstances we're meeting in.
      It was worth a try at least.
      Taking a deep breath, I opened the door.

If anyone's still reading this...

Sorry I took so long :/ and sorry it's not going well I just can't seem to word things properly right now.

I'm really sorry that it's been months I just haven't had the time to do ANYTHING.

I just feel bad so yeah if anyone is still reading I just wanna say thank you I really am overwhelmed that people are actually reading this. Like wow.

And uhh yeah okay, bye :)