Chapter 1 (Part 2)

"Metch! Wake up!"

Metch opened his eyes to see Belike's white face.
"What is this disgraceful pup doing?"

Razor barked in his head. Metch almost leaped up in fear.

Wh-where is he?

Matech thought to himself, quivering.

"I'm in your mind foolish pup!"

Spat Razorblood.

"Because you have agreed to my possession, our minds are connected. You are never truly rid of me."

Razorblood began cackling, and Metch covered his muzzle. Metch felt another prod and uncovers his face, Belike still standing in front of him.

"B-Belike?"

Metch asked. Her face was still white and clear, no sign of injuries. But Metch could tell she was still scared of him.

Maybe it was all a dream!

Metch heard more laughing in his head.

"Not at all, that was all real."

Metch pinned his ears back, then pricked them again when Belike nipped his ear.

"What?"

Metch yipped.

"Are you even listening?"

Belike asked, her eyes now glowing with annoyance. Metch lowered his head.

"No."

Belike sighed then tugged Metch's scruff.

"Just follow me."

Metch followed Belike as they slipped out of the Care Place, and then dashed across Camp to the Tunnel. Belike checked to make sure no one saw them, then lead Metch deeper into the forest, Belike looking behind them every little bit before finally stopping and looking at Metch.

"Okay, I think we're safe here."

She said in a whisper.

"Safe from what?"

Metch asked. Belike glanced at him and took a step away before continuing.

"From the rest of the pack, mostly our mothers."

Metch tilted his head, trying to ignore her stepping away from him.

"Why?"

Belike sighed.

"Because we need to talk about last moon-up."

Metch froze.

"Wh-what about it?"

Belike locked eyes with him.

"About Razorblood."

Metch felt his eyes widen, and his fur spiked up.

"Wh-what about him?"

Belike narrowed her eyes at Metch.

"About what he did."

Metch heard Razor growl before he took control, surprising Metch. Razor had Metch sit up straight, almost calmly.

"Why don't we talk about the Pures first? Like, what they did and how they healed you."

Razor said, eyeing her white fur with interest. Belike flicked her ear back.

"Don't worry about it, they tried the best they could, and told me that it wasn't you who had attacked me, but an evil wolf. So, I forgive you."

Metch stole control back, fear crawling up his spine.

"What do you mean, 'the best they could'?"

Belike looked down at her paws.

"They healed me but told me that when I grew older, the injuries would look like my adult markings. When I asked why, they said it was because the evil wolf hadn't attacked me, but he had attacked my soul. That's why I bled black instead of red."

Belike whispered the last sentence, and Metch could hear the terror in her bark. Belike then shook her fur out before asking,

"What about you and Razorblood?"
Metch flicked an ear back, sensing Razorblood watching him carefully.

"I-I'm n-not sure."

Metch stuttered, fear causing his paws to shake. Belike tilted her head.

"What does that mean? I told you about the Pures, why can't you tell me?"

She took a step forward, and Metch felt Razor leap at her, yanking back control. He pinned Belike down and growled,

"He said he's fine! Leave him alone!"

Belike's eyes were wide and she was quivering.

"Metch? Belike?"

Came a yip behind them. Metch looked back to see Foloo looking at them. Well, not looking so much as staring because of her sightlessness. Metch could sense Razorblood's interest in Foloo, but let Metch take control. Metch stepped off Belike, who now watched Metch warily.

"Where are you guys?"

Asked Foloo who began cautiously making her way toward them.

"We're right here Foloo."

Belike yipped, trotting toward the white pup. Foloo smiled and nuzzled Belike before frowning.

"Why are you guys out here? I didn't know we were a moon old yet."

She tilted her head, and Belike sighed.

"We...aren't a moon old yet. Metch and I just got bored and wanted to explore!"

Belike wagged her tail, but she kept glancing at Metch worriedly.

"Yeah!"

Metch said, padding closer.

"We just wanted to have some fun!"

He tried to act playful, but Belike wasn't making it easy with the way she was watching him. Foloo sniffed the air, then looked at Belike.

"What's wrong Belike? You smell scared, but I don't smell anything bad..."

Suddenly her fur puffed out.

"Unless... it's something you can only see..."

She whispered terror in her voice. Belike giggled and laid a reassuring tail on Foloo's back.

"No, there's nothing wrong. I'm just a little worried we'll get caught is all."

Foloo calmed her fur and smiled when a voice sounded behind them.

"Oh, I wouldn't be as worried about being caught,"

Metch and Belike whipped around, and Foloo looked at the wolf with a wagging tail.

"So much as the consequences."

Kai was staring at the pups, a snarl in her muzzle.

"You pups were not a moon old last I checked!"

She scolded, making her way toward them. 

"Sorry Kai..."

Belike and Metch said in unison. Foloo still smiled and wagged her tail. Kai frowned for a moment before sighing.

"Alright, I won't tell your mothers. Let's just get you back to camp."

Kai began leading the pups back into camp, carrying Foloo by her scruff. Soon they slipped back into their nests, Kai leaving them with a wink.