Epilogue

Metch padded with his new pack mates to the Moon Field. He flicked his ears nervously when he saw Foloo's white fur padding expectantly toward the wolves. Metch made his way toward her, and when Foloo saw him she seemed to freeze for a moment.
"M-Metch!"
Metch dropped his eyes.
"I'm sorry Foloo, for...everything."
Foloo smiled.
"I share all the knowledge of Sky Pack, I know what really was happening. Sadly I only obtain this knowledge after that wolf has died, and their memories and experiences are weaved into the Sky Pack as a whole. I'm sorry I didn't know sooner."
Metch stepped forward and nuzzled his sister. A sensation Razorblood had not allowed him with any wolves except Laki. Moonech padded out of the mass of wolves, looking at both of her pups. Metch could see love and pride in Moonech's eyes and their wisdom filled depths. The three wolves, a mothe and her pups stayed together and talked until the sun began to stretch its golden wings across the sky. Then the wolves with wispy pelts padded back into the fading stars, and the wolf with fur made of cloud padded back to where she saw none but knew much. Metch padded back into Sky Pack's territory and followed his pack mates to the center of the territory where a large pond sat. Around the pond were rows upon rows of canyon walls that stretched into the starry sky above. Each ring of ancient rock represented another generation of wolves who died. The walls were not filled when all of Sky Pack sat down, and Metch joined Moonech on the lowest ring next to the pond. Sky, a once white-furred wolf now had fur on one side that looked like the day, and on the other side that looked like the night. Sky padded toward the pool, then touched her nose to its surface. It rippled and an image began to form. As the ripples ceased an image of camp appeared, and as the pack below began to wake up, Metch saw his pups tumble from out of the Care Place. Taj, his perfect daughter, began playing with Takoo, his perfect son.
Metch sighed when he remembered he wouldn't see them up close until they joined Sky Pack themselves. He would never get to feel their soft puppy fur, or clearly hear their excited yipping. Moonech leaned against Metch, trying to comfort him. Being in Sky Pack, thoughts were heard as loud and clear as a bark.
"It'll be okay Metch,"
Moonech soothed.
"It always is."