Chapter 1 (Part 3)

"Come on Metch! Wake up!"

Metch could feel Belike prodding his back with her paws.

"Come on!"

She yipped, prodding him harder. Finally, Metch groaned and looked at the white pup.

"What is it Belike?"
He asked groggily.

"We get to go outside today!"
Then she added,
"Without a chance of getting in trouble."
Metch smiled and nodded, then stood and shook his pelt out. He glanced at Belike to see her watching him cautiously.

"What's wrong?"

Metch asked, tilting his head. Belike flicked an ear back and dropped her hip to a whisper.

"Remember when you pinned me after we left Camp?"

Metch nodded.

"Well, when you did it your eyes turned red..."

She trailed off.

"Like the evil wolf."

Metch finished for her. He sighed and pinned his ears back.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"Because I was scared you would attack me again!"

Belike growled defensively.

"But you know that's just when the evil wolf controls me, right?"

Metch asked. Belike nodded.

"Yeah just, be careful."

Belike glanced at Foloo, the white pup sleeping soundly.

"Especially around her."

Metch glanced at his sister and nodded.

"Yeah. Maybe she can see him, she can see Pures can't she?"

Belike shrugged.

"Maybe we can ask her."

There was a pause.

"Well,"

She started, 

"We should probably wake up Foloo."

At the mention of his sister's name, Razor popped back in control.
"Why should we play with that poor excuse for a wolf?"
Belike flinched, then seemed to remember Metch's warning and flicked an ear back.
"I'll wake her up."
Belike called over her shoulder as she padded toward Foloo. Foloo was curled into a ball next to Moonech, who was fast asleep. Belike prodded the white pup a few times, and yipped,
"Come on Foloo, wake up!"

Metch padded over and stood next to Belike, and began prodding her as well. Belike stopped and started wagging her tail, the playfulness of pup-hood returning.
"Foloo! Come on let's play!"
Foloo seemed to stir a little, but no more than that. Belike called out again,
"Come on Foloo! We finally get to get out of this place!"
Foloo finally lifted her head, her unseeing eyes gazing straight at Belike.
"But I can't even see out there, why should I care?"
Belike draped her tail across Foloo's back, with a sympathetic look in her eyes.
"There will be a lot more scents, and we'll tell you as much as we can about camp."
Razor was about to growl something most likely rude, so Metch forced his muzzle to stay silent.

After a moment, Foloo stretched and stood up. She shook her pelt free of clinging moss and looked straight at Metch.
"Okay, but first tell me where the exit is."
Belike lead Foloo out with her tail, and Metch was given a chance to see the expansive camp during the sun-up when not everything was shadows or worried about getting caught. Belike and himself gasped at the sights, smells, and sounds that erupted around him. Foloo asked hurriedly,
"What?"
Belike spoke before Razor could make a sharp reply.
"It's huge! There are giant trees, giant rocks, giant everything!"
Belike's blue eyes sparkled in awe and amazement, her tail wagged excitedly behind her.