I

The morning rays of the sun beamed through the openings of the carriage Evangeline was aboard. She slowly opened her eyes and covered them, it was painful to open your eyes to such brightness. Her dog Huxley laid fast asleep in his carrier as the carriage moved.

"Mademoiselle we are here!"

Evangeline picked up the carrier and stepped out of the carriage. "You won't say a word to Papa or Mama, right?" She looked hopefully at her escort and smiled.

He shook his head and laughed "Of course not Mademoiselle but if they do get suspicious, what do I say?"

"Say I am on a break, a very long break." She said with confidence as her escort walked everything to her new house.

Evangeline wasn't quite sure how this village was going to make a good impression on her royal dog, Huxley. Huxley grew up as a calm and loyal dog who was never as energetic as other dogs. Just a comfort companion.

***
"It's all done Mademoiselle, please do write to me if you need any assistance." He bowed down before getting on the carriage.

"Of course." Evangeline flashed a reassuring smile at him before going to the horse who was hitched onto the carriage. She gave the horse an apple and patted it's neck before moving aside.

She waved goodbye to her escort and smiled. "I wonder if there is a library around here, I have many books to donate." She walked into her newly furnished home and breathed in the fresh smell of a new coat of paint. She picked up her books and put them inside a satchel she brought along with her. Evangeline opened up the cage for Huxley to step out of.

Huxley stepped out of the carrier and stretched his legs and yawning quietly. He scratched the bow around his neck slightly and looked around the place, inspecting the place.

"Come on Huxley, to the library we go!" Evangeline whistled for the dog to follow her. She walked down the streets as Huxley stayed close behind her, walking cockily down the streets.

"Well I've never seen you around here." A small chubby man stepped in front of Evangeline.

"Oh, well I'm new here. I just moved in today, Monsieur!" She smiled and stuck her hand out for a hand shake.

"Well welcome to the village!" The man gave a welcoming smile before walking away.

She shrugged and continued to walk down the streets to the library. Huxley barked at anyone who got near Evangeline, all Evangeline could do was apologize for his behavior to anyone he frightened.

"Good afternoon, Monsieur!" Evangeline stepped into the library and bowed down.

The librarian looked at her and grinned "Well hello there! How can I assist you today?"

"Oh I was going to donate some of these old books I've already read." She placed the books on a desk.

"Why thank you for you generosity." He smiled and put the books aside.

She gave a quick nod before walking back outside.