IV

"Me, go out on a date with that discourteous and brainless man?" Evangeline cried out as her horse snorted in response. "Yes, yes I know. I regret my decisions Ace. It was all for LeFou, LeFou is the friend here." She retorted, to her horse as if it understood her - well he did understand a fair amount of words. Evangeline tidied up Ace as he squirmed a bit, upset with the fancy saddle she decided to personally design for him. A black saddle with silver lacing, "You look gorgeous my fine stallion!"

Ace stomped his hooves, eager to walk out of the stables. Evangeline put her little pooch inside the bare place she called home. Huxley whimpered as she left him on the couch. "Let's go." She mounted the horse as he stomped his feet happily and gracefully departed the stables. He kept his posture straight and trotted down the streets cockily, eyeing anyone who got near his master.

They had finally arrived at Gaston's favorite pub. It was fancy but over-decorated with antlers. Everywhere, antlers. Suddenly halter chains started to rattle as Ace approached the stables. He backed away nervously and  huffed. "You may stay outside of the stables, I will not be long." Evangeline rubbed the stallion's neck to calm him. He snorted happily and stayed in his place as the girl dismounted him.

Evangeline carefully made her way down the flight of stairs that led to the tavern. The sounds of music and talking grew louder as she reached the final steps. She was met with a man holding the door for her, he was a man between his 40s with ginger hair.

"Good evening Mademoiselle, may I take your cloak?" He laid his hand out gracefully for her cloak.

She nodded and handed him the velvet colored cloak that had golden laces along the bottom. The man bowed down his head as a thanks. Her eyes skimmed the room, trying to spot a man with a red coat. Her eyes fell on the man with two ladies on his lap. Her heart felt like it shattered but she didn't understand why.

This jealousy was cruel towards Evangeline, she could reassure you that she had no feelings for the fool. She walked across the room in her elegant dark blue dress that was held around her waist with a golden belt. Her hair held up in an intricate braided crown. In one moment, everyone had their eyes on the mysterious madam.

Evangeline walked through, her hands laid in front of her dress. A few whispers were heard as she walked to Gaston. "Monsieur." She bowed down in front of Gaston.

"Evangeline, you look stunning." He said as his hand ushered both the girls away. The man stood up and gently lifted Evangeline's hand and placed a lingering kiss. She glanced at the two girls who was previously talking with Gaston. They were for sure talking about her. Gaston unexpectedly use his finger to turn her face towards him. He looked into her eyes and grinned "Something seems to be troubling you, what is it?"

Evangeline stuttered in her sentence but eventually grew calm "What ever do you mean?" He rolled his eyes in annoyance and laughed "It's obvious you are bothered by something." He took her hands and led her to a corner of the room. She let out a low growl and put her palm against her forehead, "I want to reassure you that there is nothing bothering me, Gaston. The concern is greatly appreciated." She huffed and put a hand to her hip.

Gaston stared at her for a second, his head drawing near hers. Evangeline backed into a wall slowly and could not say a word. "I-" before she could break the awkward silence, Gaston's lips brushed against hers. She groaned and responded to the kiss. Her body had a mind of it's own sometimes. Her brain said no but everything felt so.. right. Suddenly a man walked into the corner and spotted them.

"Gaston!"

----

This chapter was sort-of long, I wanted to add more detail into my chapters <3 vote/comment/add to your library