V

It was his friend LeFou. Evangeline covered her mouth and gave Gaston a light push. Her cheeks were bright pink, embarrassed she was. "I'm sorry that shouldn't have happened." She apologized quickly before leaving the tavern with her cloak.

"Wait, Evangeline-" Gaston called out but it was too late. She had already left the tavern. He put the palm of his hand up to his forehead and groaned. "Warn me before you interrupt my evenings. Please." He clenched his teeth and growled at the short man. "My apologies, Gaston." LeFou sighed, his vision downcast.

Evangeline put her hood on and mounted her horse quickly, her eyes stung with tears. She slightly whipped the stallion's harness before he started to gallop into the forest. "I want to go to the forest. To forget about what just happened." She covered her face with her small hands and teared up.

———
By now they were in the middle of the forest, miles away from the village.

Low growls were heard throughout the forest. Evangeline held on tight to the harness of her horse. The stallion suddenly jumped at the sound of thunder - a storm was approaching. Raindrops started to fall from the sky, lightning lit up the skies as the thunder roared. Ace neighed, terrified of the storm. He galloped quickly throughout the forest not knowing where to go.

"Ace, calm down!" Evangeline cried out but all Ace could think of was the storm. Ace lost his balance, slipping onto the mud. In sheer panic he ran off, leaving Evangeline in the storm.. alone. She cursed under her breath as a man approached her. He was a tall, handsome, wise-looking man dressed in royal attire.

"Sacrè bleu! My dear you must be soaked to ze bone! Come, come. I will get you to shelter." The man helped the poor girl onto her feet, she coughed many times before her throat grew calm. She was mounted on an unfamiliar horse. She assumed it was his so she laid on the horse's neck. The horse seemed to be calm throughout the storm, the horse was led by the stranger to a huge castle.

"Lumière!" A voice cried out "Vat are you doing out in ze storm!?" A lady who was about the same age as the stranger looked at the man. His name was Lumière Evangeline guessed and breathed quietly. Soon they were inside the stables, halter chains rattled which seemed to have woken up the injured girl.

"Oh my! Ze girl looks sick!" The middle aged lady helped her off the horse. The back of her hand was against Evangeline's forehead. "You are coming down with a fever, my dear." She sighed and put a blanket over the suffering girl.

They entered the vast castles, suddenly another short woman came running up to Evangeline, she was a bit older than the rest of the people she had seen. "Oh my, the poor dear is soaked. We must get her cleaned up." She glanced at the poor girl and sighed.

"Mrs. Potts, what is going on? I heard the door open and-" Evangeline managed to lift her head up and couldn't believe her eyes. Queen Belle. The queen looked down upon her. "Oh my.. she looks very ill. Please assist her to a guest room in the east wing."

"Right away, your highness." Mrs. Potts immediately called Lumière to come and carry the sick girl. She went off to fetch a bowl of warm water and a towel.

"Are you alright, my dear?" Lumière questioned Evangeline as they walked down the long corridor. His footsteps were quick and steady, as he waited for the madam's response.

Evangeline nodded slowly and closed her eyes. "I hope I am not too heavy for you, I may weigh a bit." She jokingly said and chuckled.

"Mademoiselle, I am Lumière. I can handle anything." He pursed his lips into a smile as he opened a door that led into a fancy room. The walls decorated with paintings that led to a story. The bed sheets were a royal blue color with golden swirls embroidered on top. "Here you are, madam." He carefully placed Evangeline underneath the sheets.

Evangeline exhaled with relief and opened her eyes to see the Lumière, lighting up a candle to brighten the dark room. "Thank you Monsieur." She placed her hand on his arm and nodded.

"Now, you get some rest. Mrs. Potts will attend to your service in a moment." Lumière patted her hand and walked out of the room. His footsteps grew quieter as he furthered down the corridor.

-----

Thank you for the votes! The story has 5 votes, the most I've ever gotten on any of my stories. I'm eternally grateful. Thank you all who have viewed my story.

Comment/Vote/ And please do add this to your library xoxo Maya