XII

Evangeline made her way to the couch and plopped herself down and put the palms of her hands up to her forehead. "Oliver, bleh- that name makes me sick. The fact I use to be friends with the fool."

Gaston chuckled "You look cute when you're mad." He made his way over to the couch that laid across from Evangeline. He put his arms up behind his head and kept his eyes on her.

"Watch it, Gaston. I don't feel like dealing with your teasing at this moment." She groaned in frustration and took out a piece of paper.

Dear Ma and Pa,
I've discovered that Oliver is a man of affair. I simply cannot accept this man into my life.

Your daughter ,
Evangeline Marie Fleur

Gaston peeked at her letter and laughed "I can't believe your parents still chose that man to take your hand in marriage." He paused for a moment then continued "That's right, you've admitted that you fell for me. I mean, who wouldn't fall for Gaston? But back to the point. I just wanted to say that I admire you."

Evangeline patted the seat next to her and gestured Gaston to sit there. "Thank you, Gaston. And my statement is now uncertain , falling for a narcissist? Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into?" She giggled slightly.

Gaston rolled his eyes "Very funny, Eva." He got out of his chair and sauntered over to the chair Evangeline sat in. He sat down carefully and placed his hand over hers.

Gaston gingerly caressed her cheek, pulling her closer and closer to his face. Evangeline looked down at his lips which were slowly approaching hers, her eyes suddenly shooting up at Gaston's as his mouth was barely inches away from hers.

KNOCK KNOCK

Both of them snapped their heads back, Gaston groaned at the interruption as he cursed under his breath. Evangeline gave him mouth movements that read a 'sorry'.

Evangeline quickly picked herself up and rushed herself to the door. She opened it slowly as fear filled her mind. "Mama, Papa? What are you both doing so far from Paris?" Her hand slipped over her mouth as she straightened her posture.

"Eva, we've heard about the incident between you and Oliver. Climbing through your window is not acceptable what-so-ever." Santiago, her father stared with concern and sincerity in his eyes.

Emmalyn, her mother sighed in disappointment and picked up both Evangeline's hands. "Sweetie was it something wrong we did to make you hasten far from us? We love you, I— I just don't understand.." A smile of sadness formed on her face.

"Papa wait.." Evangeline started but her father had already seen Gaston sitting on the couch. "Pa.." She laid a hand on his shoulder to try and calm his anger.

"This man? Is he the replacement of Oliver?" Santiago narrowed his eyes at Gaston and let out a quiet grunt "He looks like a tramp. Pathetic."

"Oh Santiago, don't be so harsh with your words. That must be a friend of hers." Emmalyn held onto his hands and walked him to another room to let him settle.

Evangeline sighed and rolled her eyes before glancing at Gaston "I'm sorry, my father likes rich people. I don't know if he'll ever let me— you know what? We're friends anyways what do I have to worry about?" She laughed and smiled at Gaston who was raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Right, right. I'll convince them to let you off the wealthy hook." Gaston looked up at the ceiling and closed his eyes in frustration. ' Santiago and Emmalyn, pfft sounds like the names of wealth. Utterly disgusted at their presence. ' He spoke to his mind and sighed.

"The door is always open when you want to leave, I must be at my father and mother's presence." Evangeline turned on her heels before walking away. Her heart felt like it was being stabbed, tears stinging her eyes.

A pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist and whispered "Goodnight, Eva." Gaston smiled as he let go and went for the door.

"Friends do that huh?" Evangeline let out a nervous laugh and looked at him.

He looked back and gave a small wink "Friends with benefits."

I'm putting the rest of my stories on hold and waiting to finish this one