VIII

Evangeline's PoV

  Gaston started to walk towards Evangeline, his footsteps seemed heavier than usual. He furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"Gas-" I started to back away, intimidated by his huge form. I suddenly tripped over a rock that was dug into the ground and sliced my elbow against a sharp rock that laid near.

Gaston grasped my shoulders and pulled me up, close to his chest. "Why did you run away?" He clenched his teeth angrily but his eyes showed the concern he had when I disappeared.

Lumière suddenly jumped off his horse and ran behind me, "Monsieur, please let go of her. She is hurt." He held my elbow as tears stung my eyes from the pain.

Gaston's expression changed once he realized what he was doing to hurt me. He pushed me into Lumière's arms as we fumbled back a little, unbalanced . "I'm sorry.." his apology was sincere unlike the other times he had apologized to her.

"Gaston.." I started to walk towards him but Lumière held me back. It pained me to see him upset, I know he was only scared. Tears started to pool my eyes, I couldn't let Lumière see me cry.

Gaston looked up at me before I was ushered away. I whispered ' I've fallen for you... ' before turning to Lumière. Gaston suddenly pulled me from Lumière, Lumière snarled at Gaston "What iz it? You hurt her before! How did Queen Belle live your foolishness when she was around the village?"

"Don't you talk about that! I know I was blinded. Love can make you do 'crazy' things." Gaston's voice suddenly broke, "But this love I have for Evangeline, I am not taking it for granted!"

I looked up at Gaston as the tears started to flow. "Oh Gaston.." I smiled sweetly before going on my tip toes to give him a quick kiss.

Lumière sighed "I'm sorry for being so protective, mademoiselle. I treated you as a daughter. I don't have one quite yet but I'm willing to wait for one." His vision lay downcast as the words spilled from his mouth.

"Lumière, I know you were concerned. I honestly thought it was sweet of you to treat me as your daughter." I ran towards Lumière and gave him a big hug. "Thank you..." I whispered.

"Of course, please come visit the castle soon." Lumière said as he mounted his stallion. He tugged the reins and disappeared into the forest.

----

"Gaston, the queen was beautiful! Her hazel eyes, brown hair, everything! Oh, and Prince Adam was also looking good. Handsome-" I started to trail off as my eyes were brought back to Gaston. "Not as handsome as.. you."

He laughed "Who is ever as handsome as me? I'm Gaston." His laugh turned bitter for a second.

For the rest of the evening we talked about my experience in the forest, how Ace chickened out on me and how she was taken care of by the beauty herself .