XIV

Evangeline

  I hissed in pain and glared at Oliver "That hurts! Stop tightening your grip around my wrist." My eyes were burning with tears. He had sent my parents back to Paris and was now wandering the forest with only me. His men had gone back to their own places. Ace had run away into the forest to get away from the men that tried to take him away.

"Shut up, Eva. The wolves might hear us." He spoke through gritted teeth and loosened his grip. His eyes were cold and evil. 

I rolled my eyes and turned my face so I was no longer facing the horrid devil. Both of our heads were turned when we heard frantic galloping through the trees. Oliver had that stupid smirk on his face again. He tugged on the reins of his stallion and turned around "Must be one of my men."

Tears flooded my eyes as I saw my hero approaching with Ace. Gaston grinned and stopped Ace "Monsieur Oliver, what a lovely surprise." Ace whinnied happily and slowly trotted towards me.

 I reached my hand out to pet his snout before I could pet him my hand was snatched. "Hey!" I cried out in agony and glared at Oliver "Do you even know how to treat a lady?" My head grew hot, before I knew it Gaston had dragged Oliver down from the horse and started to beat him. 

Gaston laughed "You call yourself a gentleman? You are the most idiotic person I've ever had to deal with." He tied Oliver to the tree and grinned as he tightened the ropes "Have fun trying to fight off the wolves."

"Take the horse, Eva. This man doesn't deserve anything." Gaston hopped on Ace and started to gallop the direction of Villeneuve. I gently whipped the reins to signal the horse to follow Gaston. I couldn't take a second look at Oliver, he was all bruised up. I could care less about what had just happened, one thing for sure. He deserved every last bit of it.

***

2 Months passed

"Do you, Evangeline Fleur promise to love and cherish this gentleman till his passing?" The priest read out loud and glanced at Evangeline.

"I do." 

The Priest nodded and smiled "And do you, Gaston promise to care for and protect this young woman?"

Gaston smiled happily "I do."

Both Gaston and Evangeline held their hands up to show off their rings of marriage. The village clapped, happy for their town hero to have finally found true love.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Without hesitation, Evangeline tip-toed and kissed with tears streaming down her face. Gaston wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her back.

"I love you.." Evangeline whispered and put her head against his.

"I love you more." He grinned happily and put her down.

"We welcome the Newlyweds!" The village people cheered.

***

OKAY. Phew this is done. What did you guys think? Should I make a sequel? Another story like this? I'm eager to hear your opinions! I enjoyed writing this and thank you to those who took their time and read the story. I simply cannot thank you all enough for this. 

xoxo Maya