IX

Evangeline's PoV

It was late at night. I was all snugged up in my bad, my windows were left slightly open to let some fresh air sneak in. The village was quiet as the moon rose high in the sky.

Suddenly I felt someone or something enter my room. "There you are.." I felt someone sit at the end of my bed. His voice was deep and oddly charming. He sounded familiar, a man-

Oh no. My self conscience started to panic. I immediately opened my eyes and sat up to see the man who I always feared.

"Oliver.." I whispered and clung onto my bed sheets and stared at him.

"Surprise, surprise.." A smirk crept upon his face as he grew closer. "So, why did you run away from your family. I've missed you dearly, Eva."

"For sure, I did not miss you." I narrowed my eyes at his broad figure and swung my feet off to the side of the bed. I slowly got up and crossed my arms over my chest. Shoot my undergarments were showing, this nightgown has grown far too short.

"You look.. different. Where is that bracelet I gave you." He let out a low growl before grabbing my wrist. "You don't look like yourself. Have you been seeing someone different?" He gritted his teeth in fury.

"Oliver you're truly mistaken. I promise. But- I have the bracelet in here." He let go of my hand as I opened the drawer to show him. I rubbed my wrist and cursed under my breath.

"Good, so where did this wound come from?" Oliver lifted my arm to find a bandage wrapped around my elbow. I stuttered for a second "Th-That's none of your concern."He furrowed his eyebrows towards me, one of the things that intimidated me most. "I've never seen you stammer before. Wait- you're hiding something from me aren't you?" His expression grew serious as so did his tone.

"I've always been stammering around you, you're intimidating." I let my hand slide down to my hip and let the other one stay across my chest. "What makes you think you can-" I narrowed my eyes at him before I was interrupted. "Hun, the window was open. I climbed it. Just because I'm wealthy does not mean I can't be agile." He chuckled as my cheeks grew hot.

Suddenly there was a knock at my door. "I'll get it-" Oliver started to exit the room. "Wait!" He narrowed his eyes at me and waited impatiently. "I- I mean.. go ahead." My shoulders sunk as my head faced the ground. "That's what I thought." He scoffed and exited the room.

Oliver's PoV

I turned my heels and exited her room, curious of who could be here at this ungodly hour. I opened my door to find a man who was about my height and as broad.

"Eva-" He raised his head happily before he saw me. "Uh, may I help you?" I leaned against the door frame and cleared my throat. "Who are you?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Oliver Dukes, arrival from the heart of France, Paris." I spoke formally towards the man to get him intimidated, "Engaged to Evangeline Fleur." A wide-spread grin was across my face.

"Gaston, don't listen to him. He's crazy." Evangeline pushed me out of the door frame and looked up at this Gaston. "Now how can I help you at this ungodly hour?" She crossed her arms and tapped on the floor impatiently.

I let out a low growl and gritted my teeth in fury. "No kidding he's crazy, but I was wondering why your lights were on in the middle of the night." Gaston rolled his eyes and raised an eyebrow at Evangeline.

"Olly here decided to think it was a good idea to crawl into my window at this hour." She groaned and put her palm up to her forehead. "That's all. No need to worry, mon ami."

"Mon ami?" Gaston laughed and shook his head "Alright, mon ami. Have a goodnight. But I really don't feel satisfied at all until this Oliver man leaves your house."

"Jealous?" I chimed in and smirked at the him. He snarled at me "Never, I know Evangeline would never sleep with a fool, such as yourself." That made me past my boiling point "Evangeline. Tell. Him. To. Leave."

She laughed and whispered "He's jealous." Gaston couldn't help but laugh as he left the house. I narrowed my eyes at her as she made her way back to her room.