II

Evangeline walked down the streets but was interrupted, once again. Her loyal companion stepped in front of her and snarled at the tall figure.

"Why hello there, hm. Evangeline wasn't it?" The tall figure smiled down at her. He was far taller that Evangeline, she felt a bit intimidated around him.

"Oh, that's right!" She rubbed the back of her head nervously. She tried her best to not make eye contact with the gorgeous being.

"How do you-" The same chubby man was next to the tall figure. He narrowed his eyes at the tall male.

"Quiet LeFou, I just heard her name being spread around town." He lightly smacked 'Lefou' on the back of his head. He pulled his attention back to the Evangeline.

"The name's Gaston." He grinned and looked in a mirror, fixing his hair.

LeFou looked at both of them. "Gaston.. I've heard things about you." She narrowed her eyes at him as he stepped back a little. LeFou shook his head, begging her to not mention it. Gaston suddenly grew a bit angry and left without a goodbye.

"You'll have to excuse him, mademoiselle. Come join dinner with us! We would love to have you around." LeFou encouraged Evangeline to go, he was a sweet man but somehow was always dragged around by Gaston.

"Sure." Evangeline nodded before LeFou went to chase after Gaston.

***
Evangeline made her way to the community stables where they sold horses. She looked around at all the horses and smiled.

"Monsieur do you have any horses on the market?" She looked at the salesman. She looked around at all the horses, one of them just didn't seem to fit in the crowd.

A young fully white stallion who was off to the side, galloping around by himself. Evangeline grew interested, she thought of the horse as mysterious.

"That horse? Oh he'll give you hell, but I don't know. He may or not listen to you. He doesn't even listen to me!" The salesman cried out a bit disappointed.

"I don't care, I want him. That's the one." She whistled for the horse and it came galloping towards her. "Aren't you a beauty?" The white stallion snorted a bit as her hand landed on his snout. Evangeline's eyes landed on the stallions as his landed on hers. She felt like she had already bonded with this horse before.

"He's never been so calm around any human before. He's always been frightened."

"Well I guess he's meant to be my own horse." She smiled and looked at the salesman with confidence in her eyes. The salesman nodded as she gave him her expenses, Evangeline tied her black harness around the horses snout, the stallion grew a bit hesitant but somehow trusted his new trainer. "Your name will be... Ace." Evangeline beamed with pride and hopped on her new stallion. The stallion whinnied as they began to walk back to the village.