CHAPTER 7

I sit staring at the black file placed on my desk that is kept untouched. I keep fidgeting with my fingers and tapping my foot.

Should I? Arham, here? He might be some other Arham, there might be so many Syed Arham Hooda right?

My fingers tremble as I pick up the file. My heart beat races as I slowly open the file, there is knock at the door. I jumped up, I place my hand on my chest to calm my breathing.

'Ye...Come in' I say.

The door opens and a young man enters. I look up and I find my breath caught in my throat as I stare at a pair of familiar grey eyes.

Arham Hooda stands in front of me, I gulp. He has grown to be a very handsome man like I had imagined.

I look at him, he has tanned a bit, his grey eyes looked tried and the glow on his face missing. Last one year took a real toll on his health.

He is tall around 5'10 and he seems to look lean yet muscular though I can't make out much as he is wearing a full suit. His clean smooth cheeks are now matted with few week old stubbles.

Just one look at him and I feel an old spark ignite inside me, a spark that had always been there.

'You had called for me, Ma'am?' he says

His voice has matured to a deep baritone; his voice send shiver down my spine.

I shake my head slightly

'Ye...Yes...' I say. I am the boss here; I should not fall weak.

He stands there simply waiting for me to go on. I am amazed about his reaction; doesn't he recognize me. Maybe he got the shock two days back.

'I wanted to know about what progress you have done' I say, in reality I just wanted to see him but of course I can't tell him that so I made up some excuse.

'Sure, Ma'am. I will give you the report in the evening' he replies confidently. His confidence remains the same as when he was sixteen.

I nod my head 'You may go' I say, feeling disappointed that I don't have any more excuse to stop him.

He leaves and I stare at the door for few minutes before turning my attention towards the file. I opened the file and saw his passport sized photo. Without wasting a second I quickly click his photo and saved it in my phone's gallery.

I quickly saw his details

NAME: SYED ARHAM HOODA

FATHER'S NAME: SYED JAVED HOODA

MOTHER'S NAME: ZEENAT HOODA

DATE OF BIRTH: 10TH APRIL 1990

Blah blah...

....

MARTIAL STATUS: DIVORCED

I frown, could it be possible that he married Nooren?

In the evening I enter my cabin, I had gone to freshen up. I notice a red file on my desk. I opened the file and smile realizing that it is the report Arham had said he will give. He is punctual and very efficient as Mr. Kapoor described him to be. I knew Arham is efficient, dedicated and very focused.

'Dude, he has become so much more handsome' Gunjan shrieks as she sees his pic in my mobile.

First thing I did after coming from work is tell Gunjan about Arham, without wasting any time she demanded to see his photo, she didn't even ask any more detail.