CHAPTER 8

There are not one but many cuts, they look really deep. Some looked old and some fresh.

It looked like he had purposefully hurt himself, but why did he want to kill himself? Because of the divorce? I wonder

He notices me eyeing his hand and quickly moves his hand away and so I too looked away. I felt my heart hurt thinking of the pain he must have gone through because of the ugly divorce, but perhaps there is more to this.

'This is getting too much, there isn't any generator here' he says, I smile. He too is getting frustrated. All calm and cool façade going away.

'There is but not for the elevator...' I say, I glance at my mobile and notice one stick of network in my mobile and I mentally rejoice.

If Arham wasn't here I would have torn open the elevator door and climbed out of it, but since he is here I am little happy to have him alone with me. I mentally slap myself to think this way, this man is nothing but trouble.

He has become a psycho, trying to kill himself. I shudder.

I am about to dial Mr. Kapoor when I felt another jerk. At that moment I thought I am going to die, the cable must have snapped; now anytime I and Arham will be hurling down in top speed crashing down and dying. No, I didn't want to die. I panicked. But on the second thought I will dying with Arham. I mentally slap myself again.

'Oh my gosh' I say and quickly jumped towards Arham wrapping my arms around him and hugging him tight, my eyes squeezed shut and my fingers gripped back of his shirt tightly.

Suddenly I feel the light come back on and also the cool breeze from the AC hit me and I shiver. It's only when I smelt his cologne mixed with his sweat that I realize that I was clingy on him.

I slowly moved my head up and looked at him, our gaze met and I felt my heart flutter looking into his eyes.

The door opens and I spring away from him, I look away feeling embarrassed. Arham went passed me, his arm brushing against mine and I shiver.

Mr. Kapoor enters my cabin as I speak on phone with Ma. I am glad Mr. Kapoor has come now I won't have to listen to my mother talking about marriage plans. I hate the mention of Aamir and anything that has to do with him. Luckily Aamir has some important work in US so he has gone there for a year and hence marriage will happen next year when he comes. So I needn't worry about marriage for now.

'Here, Ma'am' Mr. Kapoor says handing me file to the next project, Arham has got us this project via his marketing technique. I must admit Arham is more efficient than I thought.

'This is a very reputed client, many agencies wanted his attention but we managed it. It is a huge project, if we get this we will be on top in no time' Mr. Kapoor says and I smile.

We needed a strong marketing team to have our dying agency being noticed and that we achieved that because of Arham.

Back home I couldn't stop thinking about him, his face in that dimly lit elevator. His closeness, his smell. I turn to other side on bed trying hard to sleep. But I couldn't, his face keeps flashing in front of my eyes. I sit up straight on bed. During our school days he had a certain charm about him that pulled me towards him and today there is a heavy cloud of mystery around him that is pulling me closer to him.

I sigh, no matter what happens unless I find out about him I won't be able to rest.

How can I do that without making it look obvious?

*

It's around 11pm and I need to rush out of office else my mom will start calling and troubling me until I reach home. I close all my file and log out from my computer. I quickly wear my coat and taking my laptop bag I leave the cabin.