CHAPTER 20

'Wowie...' Irum says wide eyes as she looks at me through the computer screen. Yesterday night I and Arham had come back to Delhi. We didn't interact much in office, I was really tried but being the workaholic that I am; I didn't skip work. Again tonight I am off to his place, I prepared a special surprise for him.

I am on video call with Nooren and Irum, I want everything to be perfect tonight. I twirled around showing off my sleeveless long black gown.

'Oooo...' Nooren says as I show my back, the dress has an open cowl back exposing my entire back.

I turn around, Irum is giggling covering her eyes 'Zee...your dress is missing cloth on your back' she says in between her giggles. Nooren laugh too. I blush.

Kids, they are so naïve...so innocent, they are stress busters for all. Their laughter, their smile can bring happiness to anyone. They make them forget all their worries, a child is truly a blessing. Irum is very naughty kid yet innocent and she very special to me.

'I have planned something' I say taking my seat, I take a small box placed on the table.

'Oh my god!' Nooren exclaims, I smile brightly at her. I have just shown her a beautiful silver ring, my father's engagement ring.

'I am going to ask Arham to marry me' I say

Nooren looks at me wide eyed, she takes few seconds to comprehend what I had just said.

She smirks 'Not bad, fatso! Oops...' Nooren says

Irum slaps her hand 'Don't call Zee fatso...' Irum says glaring at her mother, she turns towards me 'what is fatso?' Irum then asks me. I simply smile

'All the best' Nooren says showing me a thumbs up, Irum copies her mother 'All the best' she says flashing a toothy smile at me.

I applied blood red glossy lipstick, it makes my lips look fuller, I applied dark black kohl but I took time with the eyeliner, I wanted smoky eyes but that will be really over the top, so I applied a simple one. I wore a small pearl studs and my watch. I slip into high pencil heels. I wrap a black shawl around me and left my apartment carrying the tiffin that I prepared for Arham.

I feel nervous as I ring the bell, am I too fast in proposing? Such stupid thoughts start to clog my mind. Few minutes later he opens the door. I gulp, he is wearing a black vest and grey track pants. He also has an apron around his waist. He is looking so cute having dough on his cheeks and nose, and some in his hair. I pinched back of my palm to suppress my giggle.

He looks at me 'Good you came' he says moving aside and letting me come in. As I enter I could smell burned food, I shake my head.

Arham was trying to cook again.

'I knew you would come and I wanted to surprise you' he says sounding disappointed. I look at him, he looks at me pouting. I place the tiffin on the table and pinch his cheeks

'Don't worry...I have got food for you' I say happily. He smiles.

Arham arranges the plate while I plate the food. Tonight I have made schezwan chicken and fried rice. Arham is amazed seeing the perfection of the food.

'Wow! You should start a restaurant' he says eyeing the plate, hungrily. I felt my chest swell with pride as he compliments me.

We ate in silence; I am still to show him the real surprise. As the time come close for the big surprise my heart begins to thump rapidly inside my ribcage, it's like it will tear open my ribcage and leap out.