CHAPTER 12

'I...hadn't...my...clothes...' he stammers, I noticed him blush slightly. I wasn't bothered as I am busy shamelessly gawking at him. I am seeing his body for the first time. Just as I thought his body is lean yet muscular. He has a well chiselled broad chest, even from far I could notice tiny hair on his well-built masculine chest, he must have recently shaved. He has got perfect abs too; I wonder how he got such an amazing body with eating burned food. He had always been health conscious and into sports perhaps that is how he has maintained such a perfect physique. His body has tanned nevertheless it is making him look more desirable. His hair is wet, water dripping. His torso too is wet.

I gulp feeling a strange tingly feeling inside me.

'Can you look away please?' he says annoyed

'Oh...Oh...'I say looking away, I move away from the cupboard. I rushed into the kitchen to arrange the food. Since it's an open kitchen I can easily eye him. He takes out a black Tee and grey track pants. I watch him slip his Tee over his head, he then takes his pants and turns. I quickly look away fidgeting with the tiffin pretending that I am unable to open it. I watch him disappear into the bathroom and I find my breath coming back to me. I sigh in relief.

I plate breakfast for him. In two glasses I poured orange juice. I take the plates and place on a small table opposite the bed.

'Come' I say keeping the glasses next to the plates as he comes out of bathroom fully dressed. He sits next to me. I hand him his plate

'Zahra, you needn't have done all this' he says looking at the plate. I roll my eyes.

'Shut up and eat, and be quick we are going to Juhu beach after this.' I say taking my own plate. He gapes at me again, he places the plate back on the table and stands up, he grabs my hand and tugs my arm

'Zahra, leave' he says sternly, I jerk my hand

'Why?' I say standing up

'Because this isn't right' he says

'What isn't it right? And why?' I counter back

He looks at me 'Coming close to me isn't good...I am warning you' he says trying to threaten me but his words didn't bother me

'Why?'

He smirks and grabs my arm pulling me close 'have you forgotten what happened last time when you came close to me' he says in a very menacing tone. He pushes me gently; he then turns around

'Leave' he says running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

I stand my ground, firm as ever 'No' I say

He turns to me looking at me as though I have gone mad. He sighs

'Why are you being so adamant?' he says looking at me, I saw sadness in his eyes again.

'I don't know about you, Arham, but I had always seen you as my friend. Perhaps I consider you as my friend even now that is why I didn't think twice coming close to you again' I say. He shakes his head

'Don't...please' he says, he sounded desperate. His tone made me want to do as he says for his own peace. But then I think, if he keeps himself aloof and locked up from everyone he will never get peace, he will never truly be happy. I love him too much to leave him alone in his misery.

I take a step forward and take his hand in his. He looks at me. I make him sit on the sofa and I sit beside him on the bed.

I hand him his plate, 'Food is getting cold' I say and smiling faintly at him. He doesn't smile but simply takes the plate. Perhaps he has given up, I have always been very stubborn.