CHAPTER 14

I dressed myself in Knee length coral lace bodice dress, I adjust the cap sleeve properly. I combed my hair and tied it in a soft braided updo. I wanted to look really good for Arham tonight, I have a best surprise for him. I spent half an hour learning how to tie the braid. I applied minimal makeup and wore coral closed high heel shoes. I have made chicken Hakka noodles for him. I remembered he had mentioned how much he loves chicken noodles, so for dinner tonight I have made this specially for him. Again I need to thank Internet for this.

Happily, I rang the doorbell, I feel restless and keep shifting my body weight from one feet to the other. He opens the door and pokes his head from behind the door, he rolls his eyes looking at me.

I smile at him; he frowns at me. I don't say anything but simply take a step to my left. I watched carefully Arham's expression change to a shock one, he opens his door wider and looks on his eyes wide.

'Papa...' the little girl says excitedly extending her little chubby arms towards her father, she is held by mother Nooren.

After I met Nooren that day, I left for my hotel disappointed as Nooren didn't let me meet Irum. But in the evening when I was in hotel room, to my surprise Nooren had come to meet me with Irum. I was delighted to see them especially Irum. Nooren had said after I left, she thought about what I said and realized her mistake. She realized how much I and Arham love each other and we deserve to be together and how Arham deserves to be happy?

'I was blinded with jealousy that I wanted to prove you down and so selfish in love that I wanted Arham against his wish. But you made me realize how it is to selflessly love someone...I am really sorry for what I did...please forgive me' Nooren had said with tears in her eyes and her palms joined together. I held her hand and hugged her not having words. I forgave Nooren then and there. I don't want to hold any grudges.

I played with Irum that evening, she gelled with me really well and I was really proud of it. Nooren spoke with Ibrahim and he agreed to let her go to Mumbai, thankfully Ibrahim is one of those understanding husbands.

Nooren booked the ticket for next day and I extended mine. Together we came to Mumbai this morning.

I watch Arham with moist eyes, his lips curve into a broad smile. Without wasting much time, he takes his daughter in his arms.

'My baby' he says and starts to kiss the little doll all over her face, Irum giggles. She too plants a wet kiss on her father's cheeks.

Arham looks at Nooren, tears streaming down their cheeks. He moves aside and lets us enter. The father- daughter are so delightful to see each other that they aren't even bothered with us. The two of us don't mind. Arham sits on his bed with Irum, playing with her. I and Nooren we plate the dinner. The otherwise gloomy flat is now filled with the little girl's laughter. Nooren looks at them and smiles sadly. I place my hand on her shoulder

'You go there?' I say, she looks at me

'No...I will help you' she says and goes to get spoon when I held her hand

'No seriously, go' I say blinking at her slowly.

I see her face light up, she smiles looking at me gratefully and left.

Nooren stands besides Arham, he looks up at her.

'Mamma' Irum says clapping her hands 'Papa...'she says turning her head to look at Arham again. Arham shifts slightly giving space to Nooren to sit, she smiles and takes her seat.

Irum leans and kisses Nooren on her cheek and then on Arham's

'Mamma...Papa...' she says and laughs again.