CHAPTER 25

My dad is standing with his hands folded behind his back, his face straight and so I am not able to comprehend his expression. My mother looked scared

'Ji...aap...' she stammers. My father gestures my mother to leave. I look down at the ground. Shit! Just now I and Dad had patched up, after ten long years. I didn't want Dad to find out like this, I wanted to convince my mother first then convince dad by hiding behind my mother and letting her start the conversation, just like when I was a kid.

But this time I am not asking for any inanimate object, I am asking for a living human that too a man who is a divorcee.

Even in today's time, marrying a divorced man or woman remains taboo here.

Dad comes towards me, I slowly look up and then quickly look away. There is a deadly silence between us except few stray dogs howling in the background. I started to panic. I don't want to argue with Dad and spoil our relations again.

He places his hand on my shoulder and I tremble with fear. He gestures me to sit and I quietly obliged. He sits beside me; we sit in silence again. This silence is making me go crazy. Please Dad, say something...scold me, talk to me, anything.

'Beta...'

I relax when he called me beta, that means he isn't angry. I sit there holding my breath.

'Ask this guy to meet me tomorrow...' he says

I look at him, I wanted to smile but I didn't dare lest Dad change his decision.

'So, Papa? Is it a yes?' I ask cautiously.

Dad looks at me, he raises his hand and pats my head '6pm sharp' he says, this time his tone is stern yet calm. I nod like an obedient kid.

That night I spoke to Arham, I started to panic but Arham calmed me down. I knew he is nervous as well but he didn't let it show. This is how we balance each other. I slept happily thinking about the future. I will finally be living the future I had dreamt, but with a twist. I won't be sitting at home running behind kids. I blush thinking about our kids.

*

I reached Arham's hotel sharp 5, last night we had decided I will meet him first and advise him. I knocked his door and soon he opens it. My eyes widen on seeing him, he had just taken a bath and has wrapped a white towel around his waist. He is still wet; I gulp noticing the water drip from his hair. I heard a noise behind me, it's the room service lady gawking at Arham. She seems to be a young woman and I felt jealous. I glared at the woman and push past Arham.

'What the hell? Who opens the door half naked? If it had been some lady, then...' I say smacking his chest repeatedly. Arham held my hand and pulls me closer.

'I hate you...I don't want to talk to you...didn't you see how that shameless lady was staring at you.' I say angrily.

Arham doesn't reply but keeps looking at me smiling. I glare at him. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer.

'You are so cute...' he says leaning forward and brings his lips towards my ear gently biting my earlobe. I shiver.

'I missed you so much' he whispers; I close my eyes melting in his arms. He placed his palm on my nape and brings my face closer. I forgot why I was angry in the first place, as he kissed me I forgot why I was here in the first place.

I reciprocate and we began smooching passionately. I wrap my arms around his neck and held his head with my one hand tugging on his hair I deepened the kiss.

Minutes later, I break the kiss and place my hand on his chest 'Arham...it's 5...we need to...' I stammer, I was here to prepare Arham for meeting with my parent and not here to do anything else.