CHAPTER 15

He looks at me surprised, I turn my head to my left and point towards few couples dancing on a beautiful lit and decorated stage. There is a small orchestra playing soft romantic music beside the stage.

Before Arham could say anything I grab his hand and lead him towards the stage. Arham as always looked apprehensive. I take his hand and place it on my waist and held his hand with mine. I look into his eyes, at first he is looking elsewhere but then reluctantly he looks at me. Our gaze met and I felt my breath getting stuck in my throat. I feel myself getting lost in his grey orbs, his eyes have such magnetic pull, pulling me closer and closer. If that was even possible.

I held his hand tighter and soon I find him relax and he grips my waist properly. I felt a jolt pass through my spine and I shiver. Our eyes fixed at each other. Everything else seem to blur, it is only me and him. The soft tune of my own playing in my ears, a smile on my lips.

I glanced down at his lips, I feel so tempted looking at it.

I look up at him, his eyes still looking into mine. I take a step closer and to my relief he doesn't move back. I know he is mesmerized and I feel strange sense of pride.

I glance back at his lips and am not able to stop myself, without thinking I lean in.

'Di...Din...Dinner' Arham says moving his hands from me and taking a step back. I snap out from my trance. What the heck was I doing. I look at him, Arham looks embarrassed, why is he embarrassed I should be the one who should be embarrassed.

I nod looking away. Arham held my hand and helped me climb down the stage and takes me to the table.

The waiter places the spicy prawn on my side, I gulp. The waiter arranges the cutlery and leaves.

'Bon appetit' Arham says smiling. I nod simply. I eye the prawn making a weird face, I gently poke it with my fork. When I was a child my mother used to forcefully feed me fish, I hate sea food. Somehow I can have fried fish but prawns...thank god I didn't order lobster or crab.

Before I could pierce my fork into one of them Arham takes the plate from me. I look at him. He forwards his bowl of soup. I am confused.

'If you don't like it then why order it, silly girl' Arham says. I bite my lower lip.

'Arham, you don't have to have this...I ordered it I will have it' I say

He looks at me and smile 'I love sea food; they are so tasty' he says.

I know he is saying just for the sake of it and I felt guilty. Arham has always been a good actor but his eyes always deceive him, even though he is happily munching on the prawns but his eyes say otherwise.

I wanted to stop him but then what can I do, I simply can't eat that and I don't want to waste the food or money. We eat in silence.

After we are done with the food, Arham pays the bill. I had insisted to pay my bill but he refused and I didn't want to argue with him. I will do whatever he says. We stand up just then Arham's phone rings. I notice his expressions change into a stern one on reading the name that flashes on his screen.

'Arh...'

He sticks out his palm stopping me in mid-sentence, he goes at the ear-shot distance from me and is murmuring something which no matter how hard I strain my ear it is inaudible to me. Arham's expression the time when he received the call made me not go to him and eavesdrop, so I stand my ground. I wonder who it is that disturbed Arham. I hope it's nothing serious, or is it?

Arham is driving the car in silence, I am looking out from the window and at times look at him. I am really curious to know who was on the call. I look at him, he is looking straight at the road. I need to get his attention so that I can start a conversation. I get a clever idea, I wouldn't have been able to execute the plan had it been someone else instead of Arham, but I trust Arham. I place right leg over my left, the slit exposes my leg. I smirk and pretend to look out from the window while I watch him through corner of my eyes.