Chapter 1 - He's a What?!

Hey, hey, hey! This is my (not-so)-first story here on Wattpad! I've written some before, but hey had some plot problems so I pulled them out. This is the first one I've written so far that might actually have a chance of finishing!

This is the first chapter of the story so it might be a little boring at first. When I started writing this, I really didn't know where it was leading to, but I hope you all enjoy it!

* * * * * * *

"Here's your packing checklist, Josh. Make sure you have your electronic chargers and everything," my mom said.

I hate packing. I love going on vacations, but I don't like having to pack. We should have started days ago so we wouldn't be in this mess, but here we are, just a few hours before our flight and scrambling to get everything packed up for our 9AM flight to Hawai’i. I've been on Wattpad too much. I learned about the website only a couple of weeks ago and before then, I was all hyped up for the Hawai’i trip. Now that I have Wattpad though, I'm starting to lose interest.

We chose to go to Hawai’i on the last week of winter break. Sucks, right? After a laid back vacation, I'd have to go back to the stress in school. I dread the day our vacation ends. Anyway, I was behind all the planning for this vacation. I've always been the one to plan our family trip. Because this is our first tip to Hawai’i, it just makes planning extra important. We only have 6 full days on the island of Oahu and we'll be staying at Disney's Aulani. I planned everything from visiting Pearl Harbor, the Ala Moana mall in Waikiki, hiking up Diamond Head to get the best view of the coast, to going to the Dole Plantation to have some sweet pineapples and refreshing Dole Whip.

For now though, I have to get to packing. My mom's stressing out about finishing before she has to wake up to get ready to leave — it was currently midnight and our flight leaves in 8 hours. Only my brother's and my dad's luggage has been packed. My mom and I still need to pack our own clothes.

By 1:30AM, we were finally able to go to sleep. Unfortunately, I only get 5 hours of sleep, but them I can sleep more on the plane. Even on the way to the airport, I'm still reading my Wattpad stories. I don't care who judges me, nobody can ever separate me from my Wattpad. 

Airport security was a bitch, but I guess it's necessary. I wouldn't want to get killed before I go on vacation, now do I? The line was freaking long and excruciatingly slow. I got bored standing in line, so I took my phone out and started reading again. I almost whined out loud when I had to get off to take my shoes and belt off to get them scanned. I was just getting to the good part of the story too!

We got on the plane fairly quickly and the flight was on time, which was a shocker; the flights we went on were usually always delayed. The plane aisles pissed me off though. I don't think it would hurt to add a little more space so that my suitcase won't hit a freakin' chair every other freakin’ row! Whatever, I guess I have to deal with it. I love being on planes. Turbulences are fun especially those small random dips that come out of nowhere that give you that weird feeling in your stomach. The silence is also nice, except if you're sitting near a family traveling with babies…

When we ride on planes, we generally go for seats closest to the wings, though I have no idea why. My mom believes that you feel the turbulence less on these seats, but to me they’re all the same. The whole plane was bound to shake at some point and everyone is to feel the shaking anyway. I doubt that the location of the seats affect the intensity of the motion, but eh. My mom was always the one to believe in these things… especially superstitions.