Chapter 9 - MY Josh

I truly am sorry for any grammatical errors that may be in this chapter. I swear I'll get to editing all of my stuff soon... :D Enjoy!

* * * * * * *

Micah’s POV

I can’t keep my head out of last night’s events. He said I confused him. I made him cry. did I move too fast? Should I not have kissed him? It hurts me to even think about it. I loved that kiss we shared. I could tell that he did too. Does he regret doing that with me? Can I be the one to replace Trent in his heart? Does he even have space for me in his heart?

I know I’m probably not thinking through this well. He did tell me that he’s still traumatized by the foolishness Trent did to him. I can’t blame him though. What Trent did was not acceptable under any circumstances. He shouldn’t have done that to my Josh. Josh doesn’t deserve to be treated that way.

MY Josh. Did I really just say that? Sure, Josh is starting to take a special place in my heart. It’s kind of amusing to me that I could just suddenly switch sides after my relationship with that bitch Alice. I can never forgive her for what she did. Why does she go around sleeping with younger men anyway? What’s even worse is that she had to sleep around with my own brother. I can never forgive them for that.

I should have been able to tell what was going on though. I was just too stupid to realize it. My brother Trent was sent away to California to keep him away from the women he’s slept around with here. It was a pretty stupid decision for my parents to make in the first place. Didn’t they know that sending him to far away places only gives him the opportunity to sleep around even more? Over there, he lacks supervision. Well, they did send him to an all-boys school there. Does that mean he started to sleep around with men?

On the other hand, Alice’s family lives in California. She begged her parents to send her to college here because she’s grown to love the state ever since their last family vacation here when she was still a high school senior. Now, she’s a senior in college.

Now that I think about it, my brother and Josh’s ex-boyfriend share the same name. Could it be that they’re the same people? I mean, living in an all-boys school dormitory, he’s got to probably start to explore his sexuality, right? Especially because he’s the type of guy who can’t keep his hands out of his pants.

One thing that I wonder though, is how long had this been going on? I’ve been with Alice for two years and they were able to do this behind my back? Well I guess I am somewhat dense, but I don’t think I’m that dense to not see this coming, yet, why didn’t I? Wow, even I confuse myself sometimes.

“Hey, bro!” someone yelled behind me. it was 7AM and I was eating breakfast before heading to work. I turned around to see who it was and my mood immediately made a turn for the worst when the guy’s face registered in my brain.

“What are you doing here, Trent?”

“Just visiting the family before the semester starts.”

I couldn’t keep myself from doing it. I didn’t even know I had done it, but a second later, Trent was on the ground, his hand clenching his jaw. I felt a slight sting on my knuckles, but I didn’t pay much attention to it.

“Why did you do it, Trent?”

“What are you talking about? What did I do?”

“YOU slept around with Alice.” With that response, his eyes widened with fear.

“H-h-how did you know that?”

“Bitch, so it’s true! How dare you touch my girlfriend. Oh, wait, EX-girlfriend.”