Chapter 10 - THAT Much

Josh's POV

It was already 6PM. After our little talk in the coffee shop, Brandon and I have gotten even closer. It turns out there were a lot more things about us that we had in common. We liked the same bands, we both enjoyed the same type of foods, we have the same type of fashion style. We're really compatible. He really does put up a good competition from Micah.

Brandon was on his phone texting Micah to come over. I wonder if he already told him about the incident. How would he react? How would he react if he found out that Trent was the one his girlfriend had an affair with? Don't get me wrong, I'm attracted to both of these guys. I don't want to be confused anymore though. After today's events, my mind's completely cleared up of my feelings with Trent. He's an asshole.

I set my hand on the table after taking a sip from my cup. Brandon had finished texting Micah and put his phone away. He tried to cover my hands with his, but I instinctively pulled my hand away. I was shocked at my own reaction.

"I'm sorry. I— I just don't feel comfortable being touched by anyone anymore." The words came out of my mouth without me even thinking about it. I don't get it. Just a while ago, Brandon was squeezing the hell out of me in a tight hug, but why do I feel uncomfortable now? Why did I just pull away from his touch? I know he meant well, but why am I so afraid of being touched?

Stupid Trent. My blood came to a boil as images of the incident flashed in my mind. What the hell was he thinking? Why would he do that to me?

"It's ok, Josh. I understand." Silence filled the room. None of us bothered to try to break it; none of us felt like ruining the current mood. It was silent, but it was a comfortable silence, if that makes sense. "So... You leave the day after tomorrow, huh?"

"Yeah." I forgot. We were only on this island for 7 days. I have to go back to Los Angeles on Saturday. Why can't I just leave without having any connections with Brandon or Micah? "How did you know?"

"Go on a date with me." What? Why didn't he answer my question?

My eyes widened with shock. "W-w-what?" My question came out as a stutter. I tried to look up at him, but something about it made me feel, different. It might be the surprise that he actually asked me that question, but his bluntness somehow made me blush.

"Josh, I've liked you since the first time I bumped into you. All those times were not accidents, Josh.  I did them on purpose so you would notice me."

"Why didn't you just approach me?"

"It's not that easy for me. I'm not the most sociable person to be able to do that kind of thing, especially to those I'm attracted to. Josh, you've always had my attention every time you come in the scene. Never once have I ever not noticed you when you were around. It's actually pretty hard not to pay attention to you."

That about did it for me. Strangely, I've been feeling the same way. Something about Brandon always made me curious about him. I wanted to know more. Maybe it's those winks that he flashed me every time he did bump into me. I couldn't help but start to notice him. Unfortunately, I never did have the courage to confront him. He would always try to get my attention, but I never seemed to think much of it. That was until now, when he told me he liked me.

"I hope you don't find this creepy, but I was the one who found your lost room key. I used it to my advantage and swiped it on the system to find out more about you before you had the chance to get it replaced."

"I don't know about you, but that sounds creepy to me."

"I know... I'm sorry. But that just goes to show how much I struggled to talk to you. Instead of meeting up with you and properly introducing myself to get to know more about you personally, I stalked you using the resort's computer system.