Chapter 15 - Double Date?

Josh's POV

It was already taking too much effort not to be emotional while listening to that song in the car, but when Brandon started singing along, I felt even worse for having to leave - not that I should feel guilty about any of this. I didn't plan it. I didn't plan on meeting Brandon or Micah. I just really hope we can still be friends even after I leave.

They won't suddenly forget me because I left right? They won't be mad? They'll understand? I'd like to think so. I don't really want any depressing thoughts right now.

Brandon finally pulled up to the mall's parking structure, but there were too many people in today so it took a while for us to find a spot. We roamed around the parking lot for almost 10 minutes just to find one and I'm already dying to get out so we can start the date.

The engine was shut off the music stopped. We all stepped out of the car. Brandon and Micah went back to their spots beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. I responded too by letting my arms go around their waists.

I still couldn't believe that I'm going on a date with these two men. Out of all the people in Hawai'i they could have met, I'm the one they chose to like; I'm the one they chose to pursue. I'm not complaining - in fact, I'm flattered - but I just didn't expect things to turn out this way.

Like I said before, thoughts of choosing between them will be out of my mind and I will try to avoid that question as much as possible at the end of the day

"So, what do you guys want to do?" Micah asked. We all walked towards the stage to see if there any performances going on. Sure enough, there was.

That a cappella group is back on stage! I just had to listen to what songs they've got on their list today. These people are amazing! They finally came up on stage, but they weren't doing anything, so I assumed they're just setting up for their performance.

"I want to watch them. I saw them here a couple days ago and they're really good," I said.

"Alright, you wanna wait for them or what?" Brandon asked.

"No, let's come back later."

"Alright, then let's go." Micah said, and their arms resumed position.

We walked around mindlessly just enjoying each other's company. We didn't really know where to go because I never really planned the day, but we were having fun just being with each other. There would be funny jokes and comments here and there, but we were quiet most of the time. It was about ten minutes later that I concluded that they were quiet because of the thought of me leaving tomorrow.

"Talk, please?" I finally said.

"Ok, what do you want to talk about?" Micah asked.

"Whatever you guys are thinking. I mean seriously, we're out together and I'm leaving tomorrow, I really want this day to be memorable."

"I'm sorry, Josh. It's just hard to accept that after tomorrow, you won't be here anymore." Brandon said.

"I'm sorry I have to leave you guys too, but we can always talk over the phone or video chat over the internet. Oh! We also might go on another vacation here or maybe you guys can visit me there!"

"That would be fun," they both said.

Just the thought of them visiting me in Los Angeles makes my heart flutter. Now that my family knows I'm gay, I don't have to hide it from everyone anymore. I'd really like for my friends back at home to meet Brandon and Micah. They'll love them!

"Yeah, maybe over the summer?" Brandon asked and winked at me.

"Sure!" I said.

"But we will miss you though." Micah said.