Chapter 13 - Coming Out

Josh’s POV

I woke up at around 8AM anticipating my date with two great guys today. The little encounter I had with my mom last night was a progress towards my coming out to my family. If I’m really serious about my relationships, my family has to know about my sexuality. I can’t just hide it from them forever and suddenly hit them with a punch to my face when i say I want to get married to a man.

Of course, I’d also like for my family to love my partner regardless of who he is. I want to be able to have dinners together, bond together, and do everything together with my family while we’re still dating. I’m not a big fan of hiding my relationship. It’s just too hard and too stressful. I know, I’m going to college soon, but that’s still no excuse to go around hiding my boyfriend to my family because I’ll be out of the house and it’ll be easy to do so.

My eyes wearily opened themselves, but I willfully forced them to. I don’t want to waste any time today because today was my special time with the amazing guys I met during our trip. I slept last night in such an awkward position, but luckily no part of my body aches. I slowly stood up to avoid a head rush.

Failing miserably, I still stood up too fast. I felt myself get dizzy for a moment and my vision went from clear to pure bright white. I was a little disoriented at first but when my mom came into the room, everything went back to normal. I clutched my head with my hands.

“Are you ok, Josh?”

“Yes, mom.” I gave her a hug and a light peck on the cheek. “I’ll be leaving soon; they’re picking me up at 10.”

My mom cocked her eyebrows. “Wait… they? How many people are you going with? I thought you had a date?”

“I am going on a date. But two people are fighting because of me. They told me I have to choose between them now.”

“So you’re saying you have a date with two people at the same time?”

“Yes.”

Something flashed in my mom’s eyes. I grew scared of what her reaction might be; her expression was unreadable at the moment. I hoped it wasn’t something bad — that she would change her mind about not letting me go today. She squealed. Yes. Squealed.

She came running towards me the last few steps between us and tackled me on the bed. “I knew something like this would happen! Nobody can resist the good looks of an Anderson!” She then proceeded to place many many kisses all over my face. I love my mom, but this is way too much.

“Didn’t you say you’re not exactly accepting of me being gay? Why so happy?”

She flashed me a smirk. “Didn’t you think that I may have changed my mind and fully accepted you over night?”

I shook my head and just stared at her. “Well… did you?”

Her arms around me tightened. “Of course I did!” I chuckled at her affection. It felt nice to be accepted. I thought I was going to have to worry about rejection, but I was  relieved that my mom readily took me in without major opposition. I can’t say the same about my dad or my brother though. Hopefully it’ll be the same.