Chapter 14 - My Love

Josh's POV

I stood in in spot frozen as I heard the all-too-familiar voice a few feet away. I didn't know how to feel. Should I be scared? Nervous? Happy? How about all those things at the same time? Unfortunately, the most dominant feeling I have right now is a mixture of fear and shock. I didn't expect my brother or my dad to be in the hotel right now.

The tension in the air only increased as nobody had said anything for the last almost thirty seconds. My mind kept wondering what my dad was thinking right now. Can you blame me though? I hadn't planned on coming out to my dad until we got back home, but this just came as a surprise. I wasn't ready for this.

"Dad?" I asked, turning around to meet his gaze.

"You're gay?" I felt the coldness in his voice and after asking the second time, I could do nothing but remain frozen. What should I do? If I lie right now, everything would only turn bad and it's not like he'll believe me. My mom just outed me to him!

I sighed. "Yeah," I said as my eyes dropped down to the ground. I tried to avoid his eyes as much as I can. I didn't want to see his judgmental eyes, which would probably only make me feel guiltier than I already am.

I would be lying if I said I didn't feel bad at all for hiding everything from my parents, because I did - I really did. It looks even worse now that I never seemed to properly come out to either of them. It had always been through surprise, when they were most unsuspecting. I should have told them myself instead of letting them find out themselves.

I willed myself to look back up to my dad's eyes, knowing I can't escape from this situation. Surprisingly, his eyes weren't as cold as his voice. There was something else that flashed through his brown orbs. Pity? Why though? There's nothing to feel bad about. I brought this upon myself.

"We'll talk about this later," he said. "Are these your dates?" he asked as he eyed them from head to toe.

I nodded. "I see, have fun," he said as he turned around to walk away. My brother only glared at me before he did the same thing. I couldn't read his feelings over the news, but I decided not to dwell on it anymore. Today was my last day with Brandon and Micah and I won't let anything spoil that.

"Well!" my mom chirped, turning the mood around 180 degrees. "It's finally nice to meet you guys. Go on now, you wouldn't want to waste time any longer," she said smiling, but I could see the sadness in her eyes.

No. The sadness wasn't because my dad had just found out unexpectedly. It was because she felt bad that we had to leave the next day. She knows about Trent now, so that probably makes her feel worse. It was comforting to know that my mom cares that much about how I feel, although I shouldn't be surprised because she is my mother after all.

"Thank you mom," I said, giving her a reassuring smile. "We'll be going now."

She smiled back and waved at us. I turned around to meet my men. They too gave me a smile, which only turned my mood brighter and brighter. They each stood on either sides of me and slung their arms around my shoulder. At the same time, as if it were rehearsed, they turned their head to face me and leaned down to give me a peck on the cheeks. I blushed madly and gave out a nervous chuckle. I wrapped my arms around their waist as we continued to walk out of the lobby.

I couldn't be more happy than to finally be with these guys and I can't help myself but stare at Brandon. He's looking exceptionally sexy today. Micah doesn't look to bad either, but like I said before, I only see him as an older brother. Damn, that just made me think about my own brother. He probably hates me know that he found out I was gay. At least he didn't react too badly back at the lobby. Still though, that glare almost killed me on the spot.