Welcome back, Cloud.(continuing chapt~1)

"It's been a while,(y/n)" he beamed.

After so long, I can finally hear his delightful voice, and not just through the phone when Tifa talks for me. But for real this time. Face to face, we stand right in front of eachother yet he feels so far away.
I stare at his blue sky eyes that I feel like I could get lost in them.

Why does this feel like a dream?

I thought to myself. Was he actually gone that long? Or is it just the desperate feeling I had stuck in my chest for so long that made me feel this way.

No it's not a dream.

It's him, I know it is. I searched his face, and it is just like how I remembered it the last time I saw him. Though his eyes aren't bright yet. I can tell he still carries the pain of Aerith's loss, though he doesn't look as depressed like he used to be. Cloud. Cloud. Cloud. I kept repeating his name over and over again.

"C-Cloud, hi" I managed to speak and smile. I started to feel my ears burning. Omg! I hope I don't blush and turn into a total weirdo. I saw him raised his eyebrows.

"How are you doing? " I asked.

"I'm fine, thanks for asking." I can hear a cold tone on his voice.

 I felt a little punch in my stomach. Wow, maybe he hasn't changed as much. I can't really describe what I'm feeling right now but it hurts. I blinked and nod my head looking to the ground. I gulped hard making me have a hard time to swallow.

"And you?" He continued.

Some light sparkled through my eyes.
I looked up quickly to meet his face, he seemed concerned. With a focus expression. Even like that he still holds his good looks.

"I'm doing pretty well, thanks." I tried not to let the ball that I felt in my throat make me sound weird.

"Good to hear." he nodded.

"Yo spiky head! Since when did you came back? I thought you weren't coming till winter." Reno interrupted our dearly conversation. He was right by side and I didn't even noticed. Well that's how I know Cloud totally has me in his charms.

"That's none of your business." His voice was so cold.

I was shocked.

Why?

I asked myself.

 Why can't you just let the past go? It's only hurting you and those around you.

I talked in my head as if he was gonna hear me. Well of course he wasn't. Because I don't have the guts to tell him. Of course he won't read my mind either. I just stared at him. This is still the new Cloud. Cold, serious, untalkative, Moody.

What happend to the old Cloud?

The nice, caring, joyful, laughable, talkative, Cloud that I felled for. I know he still in there, he is just hiding in the shadows of his memories.

"Don't take my question the wrong way, idiot. I was just curious. It's not like I care, wen you don't even recognize that you are hopeless." Reno's honesty words were so rude. But he is telling cloud's truths.

"Reno!" I raised my voice.

Still, it's not a way to speak to the Hero that saved us and the city. He has to be respected as an honor for saving our lives.

"That's really disrespectful."

"And?! You really think he deserves my respect after what he just replied to a simple question?? He doesn't even act like a Her-"

"Reno!"

(He was gonna say Hero, just in case you're wondering lol)

I got his attention. I usually don't raised my  voice at him with such a serious tone of mine. I shift my eyes to Cloud. His expression was thoughtful and confused.

Reno's eyes were meeting mine and I tried to give him a clue that the kids were still here.

"Why don't you meet me at the flower shop ok? I'll catch you up in a bit." My hand met his shoulder.

He studied my face for some time. He nodded and looked at cloud one more time.

"Tch" he turned his body away from us and made his way were I demanded him.

I watched him carefully until he left out of sight.

I'm sorry Reno

I lowered my head. How did it came to this? Cloud must've felt worst than before.

Reno and his lousy mouth.

"(Y/n)?" Marlene grabbed my hand.

Her voice brought me back from my thoughts.

"Ah! Sorry sugar. I got lost in thought in there." I forced a smile. I looked around and tried to look for a solution to be able to talk to Cloud alone. My eyes caught a stopping point.

"Hey, guys." I started to search for money in my wallet and took out some bucks.

"Here, why don't you guys go and buy some candy from that store right there that I call heaven?" I pointed to the candy store that I used to go to when I was a kid. It's colorful paint seemed to start fading since it's been there for years with the same owner.

Both of them gasp."Yea!"

Marlene grabbed the money and Danzel followed from behind. Cloud's eyes and mine watch them get safely to the store. I turned my face back to Cloud. And once again my ears started to heat up. The fact that we were both left alone made me blush a little.

I wasn't thinking straight to this..oh my Lord! What do I do ??

I started panicking.

Focus (y/n) focus. It's just cloud

Well duh, you idiot! That's why you can't focus!

My thoughts were fighting back and forth to this situation.

"Sorry, about that."

"Eh? No no no! I mean... No its not your fault." I waved my hands.

He looked at me.

"Listen Cloud, you know how Reno is. He has a rock head. Don't worry about his nonsense. He didn't actually mean it, you just took him by surprise that's all, plus he was in bad mood not that long ago because I made him mad for doing something." I noted.

"Im-"

"But that's not the case right now." I tried to change the topic so we would forget about what happened with Reno.

"Hey.."

He met my eyes.

"Welcome back, Cloud." I smiled.

To be continued...