Another Chance

Everything in the party seemed to fall in place, it all went as planned. Laughter and Joy completed the day for Denzel and the rest of the crew.

At the same time (y/n) felt uneasy to the thumping on her chest at the times when Cloud would be near. Reminding her of that night he stayed over her apartment. At the same time she was upset of the thought that Cloud wasn't talking to her as if nothing had happened between the two. Her heart ache at the thought of it.

The sun was barely setting and everybody was outside enjoying the breeze of the air. The party went on.

Denzel and Marlene sat right next to each other patiently ready to have a piece of cake after they already sang happy birthday to Denzel.

Everybody got a piece of cake and enjoyed the delicious side dish sweets made by Tifa and (y/n).

"Oh!~ that reminds me!" (Y/n) blurted.

She walked towards a box and hides it behind her back making her way to Denzel.

"Heyyy Denzelll~"

"Yes?"

"I got something for you" She gently handed him the box with shining wrapping and a bow on the the box's corner. "I thought it would be perfect for you to  open this right now than tomorrow"

Everybody gathered up to watch Denzel open his present.

"Here goes" Denzel carefully unwrapped the box while it laid on his lap. The box was now bare and he slowly opened the lids of the box. His eyes widened at the look of inside. He carefully took a hold of a thinner long box with colorful decorations that he hold with a hand, and on the other hand he hold a thicker box with colorful decorations also. He carefully read the labels on the smaller boxes.

'Fireworks'

Denzel's eyes lit up.

"No wayy!" Denzel smiled and let out a giggled. "This is cool!" He looked at (y/n) right away.

He quickly set the smaller boxes back to the big box and moved the box out of his lap and got up to hug (y/n).

"You're the best!" Denzel cheered.

(Y/n) smiled brightly. "Nooo you're the best kiddo haha~"

"How did you know?" He asked. "That, i like fireworks?"

"The eye of an eagle sees everything" (y/n) she winks.

"Okay now that's kinda chummy" Denzel furrowed his eyebrows.

(Y/n) laughed. "Guilty"

"C'mon boy! You gonna light those up??" Cid cheered.

"Obviously!" Denzel smiled.

"Well what are you waiting for?" (Y/n) giggled.

Denzel dashed to Cid and Barret outside along with Marlene to take a look on the fireworks. Everybody followed them outside.

"Hey! We might need extra lighters" Barret noted.

"I'll go !" (Y/n) volunteered and head back inside to the bar.

The bar was now silent still hearing the voices of everyone behind the outside walls.

(Y/n) searched for the lighters with the bar being a bit darker made it harder to find them. She stood at the small space where Tifa usually would serve and do business.

"You need help?"

(Y/n) froze and her heart started to thump loudly at the sound of the voice.

Cloud.