Chapter 3 - As we burn

As we started making our way towards the stairwell we heard a scream. It was most definitely Izzie.

"George! No! Someone help!"

One second I was running beside Izzy, we were trying to make it downstairs. Then the next she was screaming as the floor gave way beneath me. I grabbed onto the smooth stone as the heat from the flames licked upwards towards my feet.

"Someone HELP!" Izzy screamed as she skidded towards grabbing my arm. Out of nowhere, Alex came flying around the corner and onto his knees beside Izzy and me.

"George grab my hand!" He said as the flames rose.

I slowly released the fingers on my right hand, as I was reaching towards Alex's outstretched arm, the building started to shake again. The floor under my left hand crumbled beneath my fingers and Izzy started screaming again.

As I started falling, I wondered why my life wasn't flashing in front of my eyes. That's what's supposed to happen, right?

Then my should was jerked upwards and I looked up to see Alex holding my arm. His veins were popping out as he struggled to hold me up. Izzy leaned out and grabbed my other arm helping Alex pull me up. I hissed in pain as my calf touched the cold floor.

As I started to stand up a pain in my leg made me glance down. My right calf was covered in second-degree burns and my left one in first-degree ones.

Izzy ran over with a wet towel and gauze. As she laid the wet towel across my legs I sighed in relief. Then Alex helped her wrap my legs and then they each grabbed one of my arms and pulled me up.

"Who knew O'Malley, normally it's Grey in these situations," Alex said chuckling a little.

"Where is Meredith?" I asked looking around for my friend.

"Isn't she outside?" Izzy's voice piped in.

"No she passed me running up the stairs and I never saw her going back down," I said frowning.

"Hey! Hey, are you okay?" Alex said suddenly running forward into one of the on call rooms.

Izzy and I peered in. Alex was shaking Marks' shoulder. "Guys I'm not sure what's happen to him!" Alex said slapping Mark on the arm.

"Huh." A groggy voice said. "Come here, Lexie." He grabbed Alex's arm and started pulling him towards the small bed Mark was lying on.

"Man it's ALEX!" Alex shouted. Mark suddenly jumped up and released Alex's arm.

"Jeez, Alex I thought you had better manners than to try to seduce a guy while he was sleeping," Mark smirked and walked out the door, only to run back in.

"THERE IS A FIRE!"

"WE KNOW!" Alex shouted back mocking Mark.

"Oh..." Mark started to say when he was cut off by Addison stumbling into the room.

She was coughing and Izzy immediately helped her sit down.

"I... I heard someone scream." She said trying to suck in, as much smoke-free air as possible.

"That was probably Izzy and George," Alex said smirking at me.

"Hey! It was not my fault the floor gave out underneath me!" I protested.

"No, but it is your fault that you always chose to eat so much for breakfast," Alex said laughing. Everyone else, including me, joined in. Well everyone except for Addison,

"No!" She cried looking at us. "I... I think it was Meredith."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Meredith's POV

The first thing I felt as I woke up was, pain. Unimaginable horrible, pain. I tried to sit up, but my head pounded and my stomach released its contents all over the floor beside me. My ribs were on fire as I heaved. When I was finally able to stop throwing up, I heard movement. Mr. Williamson stepped out from the corner.

"Dr. Grey. I wonder if my son hurt this much? Huh, when he DIED!" He sneered at me his voice laced with venom. "When you killed him." He whispered quietly and somehow this scared my even more than when he yelled.

"I'm so sorry!" I said desperately as he stepped towards me. "He bled out on the table. there was nothing anyone could have done!" I whimpered as he got even closer to me. "He never felt a thing. We made sure about that." I said looking down for a second. But that was all it took he grabbed my arm in his hand and cracked the bone in half. I screamed louder than I ever have in my entire life. Fuled on by the pain in my ribs and eveywhere else on my body.

Then we heard a voice cry. "Meredith?"

Mr. Williamson kicked me in the head and everything went black.

Hey, guys, I hope you liked it! Comment ideas for the next chapter and who you think should find her. Also, would you like to have Derek more involved? I will also have a part in either Christina or Owen's POV next time and you can see what's happening to them! Comment any other characters you would like to see in the story!