Chapter 16: It's okay. We are okay.

Lexie's POV

I let out a hoarse moan as I slowly started opening my eyes. Then I looked at the light. It was coming into focus. I saw a white celling with a bright light staring back down at me.

I was alive.

The next time I woke up I could sense someone else in my room. I bit back tears as I turned my head to the side, only to see the room the way it was before I fell back asleep. I was trying to go back to sleep when I saw movement out of the comer of my eye. Turning my head the other way I was extremely surprised to see Mark laying in a bed next to mine. His eyes were closed and his breathing steady. He had large bags surrounding his eyes and his face was pale.

"Lexie?" His eyes opened and he looked over at me.

"Um. Hi?!" I said sounding unsure. My voice was rough and I quickly looked around for a drink of water.

"Lexie. You're awake!" He said his eyes shining with tears.

Mark swung his legs over the edge of his bed. I noticed thick bandages covering his legs.

"Mark what happened?" I asked him. Nodding down to his legs.

"Nothing don't worry about me. How are you?" He asked starting to stand up.

"Dr. Soloan! Dr. Soloan please sit down. You are in no condition to stand!" I watched as three nurses ran into our room.

Mark ignored them and stood up ready to walk to my bed side. Only to fall over. I heard an ohf and I let out a giggle.

As the nurses helped Mark up he offered me a sly smirk and I let out another giggle. Completely forgetting about my pain for a few minutes.

A nurse noticed I was awake and everyone was all over me. I could only glimps at Mark completely not paying attention to the many test the doctors wanted to give him.

I sighed as they began changing my burns. Trying to hold back my tears. Mark looked extremely guilty as I bit my lip my eyes shining with unshed tears.

When the nurses finally left I looked over to him.

"Mark." I started. "It's not your fault. It was my decision. I'm alive you're alive. We're okay!"

His eyes were bright with tears as he looked at me.
"You really are amazing. You know that."

I smiled and blushed. I went to play with my hair that reached below my shoulder blades. Only to find the ends were burnt and reached up to my chin in some places.

"It's okay." I said speaking to myself and Mark. "We're okay. And that is all that matters."

Callie's POV

"Permeant lung damage." I echoed the doctor my eyes wide with shock.

"Yes. But not too severe. You will need an inhaler if you want to run. But that's about it. Also no smoking. Ever." He said smiling at the end as if he was delivering good news.

"I don't smoke." I told him my voice laced with venom. "Get out."

"Mrs." The doctor said his smile falling from his face.

"It's DOCTOR! And get the hell out of my room!" I yelled watching as he quickly turned and left.

I turned my head to the side and started to cry silently. Even though I knew others had it much worse than me.

"Permeant lung damage." I said still in shock. "I will never be able to run with kids if I ever have any. Never able to jump on a trampoline. Permeant lung damage."

I knew I was being selfish. I was alive. But still, I would never be able to play with a child. Never able to run to surgeries never able to go jogging with Arizona.

Christina's POV

I shuffled through the hospital hall. It was dark outside but the corridors were still perfectly lit. I had just visited Lexie and Mark. Both were bed bound. Lexie was still perfectly optimistic even though the burns on her back were most definitely extremely painful.

Mark didn't look as guilty as before. Instead his eyes were constantly on Lexie. Watching her every move. His eyes shone with love.

I reached the room Owen was supposed to be in. I opened the door and saw him sleeping in the white hospital bed. I sniffled and tried to hold my tears back. I slowly made my way over to his bed and slipped on beside him. Tucking my head against his chest and listening to his breathing. As my eyes slowly fell closed I felt a hand running up and down my back. Someone was mumbling sweet words in my ear.

I closed my eyes and sighed in content.

Hey I hope you liked it! I thought I'd try to add something nice and happy (Mark & Lexie) into this chapter just because. Anyways please comment ideas and thanks for reading!!!

P.S. I wanted to tell you all to go check out a few of my favourite Greys books on wattpad. Not in any order I love them all!

Hidden Childhood - MarleeGrey

Kidnapped - MarleeGrey

What happens if Meredith Grey was attacked by her father? -  meredithpayton

You put me through it all -
SuperGreyPotato

Over and over again- SuperGreyPotato

Please let me know about any other Greys Anatomy fanfics that you enjoyed and I'll be sure to check them out!